cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Confusion over UFC Glasgow timings between BT SPorts 2 and BT Sports App

Go to solution

The UFC media show the event as being broadcast at 9pm on BT Sports 2. This is a replay of the live event. However the UFC media also show that the event is available at 4pm on the BT Sports App. I have the app playing on my ipad and can watch the 3 BT sport channels and some other content. I cant find any listings anyhere to confirm that the event will be available on the bt sport app (say on my ipad) at 4pm.

The show is on Sat 18th. Here is a link to the event.

http://uk.ufc.com/event/ufc-fight-night-glasgow-2015

Cn anyone shed some light? Is there content on the app that is not on or shown earlier than the bt sports channels?

THanks in advance for any help. I'm trying to organise an event based around this and I can nto tell if its actually on at 4pm!!

best regards,

Peter

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Confusion over UFC Glasgow timings between BT SPorts 2 and BT Sports App

Go to solution

Only my opinion -

UFC programs appear to have an Age Rating of 18 - 

Ofcom's Broadcasting Code sets standards for television and radio shows and broadcasters must follow its rules.

There are strict rules about what can be shown on TV before the 9pm watershed.

The watershed begins at 9pm and material unsuitable for children should not, in general, be shown before 9pm or after 5.30am.

I suspect that is why BT TV are not showing the UFC Glasgow live from the start,

Message 3 of 3

Re: Confusion over UFC Glasgow timings between BT SPorts 2 and BT Sports App

Go to solution

Thanks zulu17, I agree that the main channell is showing it after 9 for watershed reasons. It may also have something to do with comercial interests as you can watch it live through a subscription to online streaing via the UFC website and showing it after the event is finished will encourage some to pay to watch it. 

However all the ufc promotional media indicate that it is available on the bt sport app (not the main bt sport channels) at 4pm. I can find no listing of what will be available on the bt sport app on Sat 18th 4pm to conirm the ufc statements. 

Is there often content available on the app that is not available on the main channels? (at least not till later)

Thanks again in advance, its all very new to me!

Best regards,

Peter

0 Ratings