cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anniemarie
Message 1 of 8

Contacting the Value Team

Go to solution

I have hearing difficulties and have successfully negotiated my BT Sport contracts and services via online chat for years.  Now my contract has come to an end and I wish to renew but am told by the online advisor that I must telephone the Value Team.  I have explained that this is impossible for me and I need to communicate via chat or email as I have done previously but I am told that I must telephone them.

Is this true that you must actually be able to speak to BT before you can renew your contract?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Contacting the Value Team

Go to solution

have you checked MYBT to see if there are any offers showing if your contract is finishing?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
anniemarie
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you for replying so quickly

I have just check the MyBT section for offers on BT Sports and there is no option to renew my contract.

It says that I am on a 30 day contract and gives me a link to click to upgrade.  When I click this link a page appears asking me to select my account number and enter my email address,  clicking submit from this page then produces a message telling me 'Congratulations,  you already have BT Sports'

I feel I must be missing something obvious... 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

when I go to MYBT I am greeted with 'Your broadband discount is ready' 'click here'

wnen selected showm my existing broadband package and suggested new broadband package

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
anniemarie
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

That's exactly what I'm looking for with BT Sport but don't have anything like that for on MyBT.  Maybe the BT Sports packages are managed differently from the broadband.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@anniemarie I'm really sorry the Value team don't have a live chat or email contact. We do however participate in a text to speech service called Next Generation Text Service. If you download the app on a supported internet connected device and enter the value teams number 0800800030 when prompted your text will be relayed to them and vice versa. The option to cancel needs to be chosen to get through to the Value team who deal with retention offers. 

More info on how you can get in touch can be found on the BT Including you website.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
anniemarie
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you for this information,  this app sounds like it will be very useful to me!

I tried the online chat again this afternoon and managed to sort it all out with a different advisor who had no problem dealing with my contract.  It appears to very much depend on who you actually get as an advisor - a very frustrating system but at least I managed to get it done in the end.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @anniemarie,

Thank you for post back. I can understand your frustration and I'm sorry you had to contact BT a number of times.

I'm glad my colleague on chat was able to help.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings