Message 1 of 6

Looks like BT Sport has been sold to DAZN according to the internet

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: DAZN

Go to solution
Still just speculation from an unnamed source. One site has claimed it, and all the others have copied.
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

BT are due to announce their interim results on Thursday. I would expect CEO Philip Jansen to give an update on the BT Sport situation then.

All speculation up until now has focused upon a complete buy out of BT Sport by DAZN. For what is an extremely complex deal which would affect many employees and customers across the BT Group, and also the cross-supply deal with Sky for their respective sports channels, I wonder whether the reality may turn out to be rather different, with BT retaining a major share/interest in BT Sport as part of any deal with DAZN.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

The only reason I stay with BT for Broadband and mobile is BT sports coverage of Premiership Rugby. The loss  of that would leave me moving to another BB provider especially as there is now FTTP in my area which BT does not  have. I suspect others will be thinking the same.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

The company also said that talks over a potential sale of BT Sport were continuing. The favoured suitor is Dazn, the sports streaming service run by Sir Leonard Blavatnik’s Access Industries.

“We are in talks with multiple parties,” said Jansen. “Not a long list, a small handful. We could continue to operate it ourselves with a small partnering effort, move to a joint venture and there is the possibility of an outright sale. We have had extensive long discussions but it is complicated. We are in no rush: we want to do the right thing for everyone.”

Philip Jansen giving an update today on the BT Sport situation as quoted on The Guardian.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

TNT sport confirmed 

BT Sport and Eurosport will disappear from TV screens as new channel name is revealed

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/21465600/bt-sport-eurosport-disappear-tv-new-channel-name?utm_source=...