cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 61 of 80

Re: Delay in live sports

Go to solution

@urbanlegend179 Exactly! Very well summarised!

Message 62 of 80

Go to solution

BT is already on satellite and yes it has to just send feed 4K. Solution that you just proposed is absolutely crazy. I won’t have two boxes at home and won’t resign from 4K Sky to have 4K from BT..

0 Ratings
Message 63 of 80

Go to solution

BT have made a commercial decision not to put BT Sport Ultimate on Sky in the same way Sky have made a decision not to put their 4K channels or content on NowTV

Message 64 of 80

Go to solution

I don’t think it’s commercial in this way..I’d say they simply saving money since bitrate on satellite they have now is 4 times less than they’d need for 4K feed.

Anyway thanks for talking folks. 

0 Ratings
Message 65 of 80

Go to solution

I'm with @NigelB72  on this one. 

I suspect this is certainly a commercial decision. If BT gave Sky everything, then they would not have a selling point for BT TV. It's the same reason why Sky will not give Sky Sports 4K to BT. Because if we reverse the argument, other than commercial reasons, why does Sky not provide Sky Sports 4K to BT TV? It works both ways.

Message 66 of 80

Go to solution
lol it clearly is a commercial decision. You can't get angry at BT for refusing to make their 4k channel available to Sky when Sky themselves aren't sharing sky sports 4k with anyone either. Both parties want their 4k channels available exclusively on their platform as a key selling point. That's business my friend.
Message 67 of 80

Go to solution

Not quite because as a sky customer I can have 4K from BT easily while being Bt customer you can’t have 4K from Sky without getting 12 months contract. Point is sky getting 4K feed from satellite and BT sports HD same way. So to get 4K BT Sports through Sky they’d have to send feed through satellite..  

0 Ratings
Message 68 of 80

Go to solution

As consumers, all we want is convenience. 
Most people are happy with the 40s delay, but right now, it’s a shame that for die-hard sports fans who also want the best picture quality - we have to subscribe to two different services requiring two boxes just to get 4K HDR football with minimum delay.

Given BT and Sky get money from each other for this and revenue share - I hope they see sense and let each other have their 4K feeds.

Message 69 of 80

Go to solution

What about access BT in 4K through the app. Is there a limit of people that can access it like it’s currently on iPlayer?

0 Ratings
Message 70 of 80

Go to solution
A limit of two simultaneous streams per user I think. But you still have the delay of anything up to 40 seconds vs Sky/BT TV/Virgin
0 Ratings