cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 71 of 80

Re: Delay in live sports

Go to solution

I know that, thing I am asking is do they have a limit of many people in England can access 4K feed. On bbc iPlayer there’s  a limit and then once it’s full you can only watch in HD.

0 Ratings
Message 72 of 80

Go to solution
Ah got you - no I don’t believe there is a limit
Message 73 of 80

Go to solution
Wasn't aware there was a limit for iPlayer, but there's definitely no limit on BT Sport Ultimate. We can more than handle everyone on it at the same time - that's what CDNs are for.
0 Ratings
Message 74 of 80

Go to solution

The BBC did state

We're also excited to announce that both the UEFA Men's Euro 2020 and Wimbledon 2021 will have UHD coverage as part of our trial! 

Can't access the UHD stream? There are a limited number of spaces available for each Ultra HD live stream. If your TV is listed below but you're still unable to join the UHD stream, it could be because all of the places have been taken, so remember to try to get in early. If you miss out, try again throughout the match as places may free up. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/questions/features/uhd-connected-tv/#/Notification

I did experience 2 incidence of the UHD stream not being available on Iplayer over the past month with a message to try  again later. On the first incident i was able to access at half time . on the second occasion i tried and suceeded after a few minutes.

0 Ratings
Message 75 of 80

Go to solution

I have to disagree with NigelB72 regarding latency on Sky Sports.  I'm currently with Sky (using a Sky Q box) and SkySports F1 is absolutely in sync with both Live Timing and radio commentary with other broadcasters.  I used to use NowTV on my Smart TV NowTV app and there was a delay of between 30 and 90 seconds between Live Timing and on-screen action.

Or are you talking about watching BT sports channels on Sky Q? I've not tried that, as I'm only interested in F1. 

I'm currently thinking of moving from Sky to BT and any latency while watching F1 would be a big issue for me.  

0 Ratings
Message 76 of 80

Go to solution

Ozsat - his is simply not true. I get no delays using Sky Sports via Sky Q. Or are you talking about watching BT channels via the Sky Q box? 

0 Ratings
Message 77 of 80

Go to solution

How is it helpful to criticise those who use social media to communicate with other fans during live action?? Most sports fans do that these days, although I appreciate old-schoolers might not. But this is how sport is watched these days, and we expect the technology to be good enough to support this. If people are posting here and saying this is what they want to do (and they're struggling to do it with BT), it's what they want to do. 

I used to communicate with lots of people while watching F1, especially during lockdown when we couldn't meet up to watch it together. I also use Live Timing to be able to understand the strategy (maybe not relevant to other sports, but an important part of F1) . There's no point having a lag of more than a few seconds. You'll find out what's happening from others before you see it yourself. 

0 Ratings
Message 78 of 80

Go to solution

There's technology that eliminates any lag but BT would need to adopt it. Canal+ in France already adopted it..

Received notification from Evertons goal easily 50 seconds before saw a goal on tv. Its a joke not a broadcast...

Message 79 of 80

Go to solution

Sky on satellite has a lag of two seconds behind live which actually works out quite nicely for listening to TMS while watching the cricket as it gives you a sort of instant replay when a ball is bowled while you read the paper or even, god forbid, use social media while waiting for the next ball and not bothering to look up if it is just a Boycott forward defensive.

I understand why people want to use social media when following sport. What I don't understand is why they do so knowing there is a lag in what they are watching. The nature of the beast is that the technology will always have a significant lag until and unless someone comes up with a 100% reliable transmission protocol that can do away with buffering and error-correction.

Following motor racing timing can still be useful for filling in the details when that is lagging behind live such as watching at the track such as seeing who is closing in on who or if they are gapping someone.

0 Ratings
Message 80 of 80

Go to solution
Already said there's a technology like this. Rest of your post is meaningless.
Its one of most expensive subscribtion on a planet and its far to behind compared to rest of he planet.