Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Device Limits on Bttv App

Help please,

surely this can’t be true !!!!!!

I have been unable to sign in to the bttv app on an amazon fire stick and have just been told after several hour long phone calls that although it says incorrect log in details it’s actually because I have to wait 30 days since I removed my 4th device (to make room for the fire stick)

The original 4 devices were all registered since last year or before and surely it can’t be right that once you remove a device to make room you have to wait a month ???
i could understand if I added a device one day then removed it the following day to add another but surely this doesn’t count if they were registered last year ?

any help on this would be appreciated.

cheers

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Message 2 of 9

Re: Device Limits on Bttv App

Hi @Bert-e, welcome to the community and thanks for posting. A device will automatically be registered when you've logged in and watched a programme on it.

You can register up to four devices, and watch programmes on two devices at the same time. When you’ve reached your device limit, you can register a new device once every thirty days.

In the BT TV app can you check settings, then choose device management? It should show you the devices that are currently registered and when any changes have taken place. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for your reply,

Can you confirm that if I remove a device that has been registered for more than a year (as have my other 3) that I still have to wait 30 days before I can add a new one ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 9

@Bert-e  if you had 4 devices  registered (from last year)  and you removed one that should allow you to register your new device . You then effectively have to wait 30  more days before you could register a further new device (after of course removing one of  the devices)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Hi Zulu17

thats what I thought but have been told I have to wait.

how do I know if it’s free ?

i have a padlock in box 4 and it says “you can add a device every 30 days”

am hoping this is the problem but not convinced but can’t seem to free up the slot

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

thanks Neil0

the device management page shows two iPads, 1 iPhone and box 4 has a padlock symbol in it

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 9

@Bert-e

Once you select to remove a device the slot will stay locked for 30 days then you will be able to add a new device.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Hi Matt-s

is that even if those devices were registered over a year ago ?

That just seems mad. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 9

@Bert-e

Yes, you must wait 30 days after removing a device before you can add a new device.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings