cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twitchboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Do I need a BT Vision Box or a Youview box to get BT sport on the £5 a month essential TV package?

I have BT broadband, not infinity, just regular, unlimited broadband. I am trying to add BT sport so that I can watch it on the TV rather than online but I am confused as the website says:

"Customers without BT Infinity can get BT Sport 1 and BT Sport 2 in standard definition, but will need a BT Vision+ box rather than a YouView box".

When I try to sign up for  BT TV they tell me that I will be getting a youview box. Nothing is said about a BT Vision+ box. All I want is BT Sport on my TV via freeview. Can anyone advise please?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 10

Re: Do I need a BT Vision Box or a Youview box to get BT sport on the £5 a month essential TV packag

Looking at your other thread

http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/Can-I-get-infinity-or-not/m-p/907052#M101295

it seems you have the option to upgrade to infinity which would enable you to receive all 3 BT sports channels (ie 1,2 & ESPN) via (infinity) broadband. In which case either a  Youview or BT Vision + box would get you the TV service.

Would have thought phoning BT up to discuss your options would be best.

0 Ratings
twitchboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Re: Do I need a BT Vision Box or a Youview box to get BT sport on the £5 a month essential TV packag

No I don't want infinity now. I am happy with broadband as it is. Does anyone have some advice regarding the original question please? Cheers.

0 Ratings
want_to_record
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

dont get a YouView box, as you cant record, pause or rewind any BT sport channels.

0 Ratings
davyl23
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 10

I tried a dummy run of ordering BT vision , 1st page was offering BT vision box & card , 2nd page only offered Youview box after inputing postcode.Maybe you could talk to someone at BT, others on this forum have had issue`s with BT sending incorrect box for their needs , ie youview instead of bt vision, seems all they want is do issue youview boxes. 

0 Ratings
twitchboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Oh dear. Sounds rubbish. I'll stick with the online player then I think. Cheers.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
MartinH
Expert
Message 7 of 10

@twitchboy wrote:
Oh dear. Sounds rubbish. I'll stick with the online player then I think. Cheers.

The ability to record will be added very shortly via a software update. 

0 Ratings
davyl23
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 10

Martin, he doesn`t have or want infinity, why dont they give him vision box & card?. Surely a mod can help?.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 10

The poster has I believe been advised on this and another thread to phone Bt up to discuss his order request - not every permutation is available to order online --If you know what you want ordering via phone is very straighjtforward and you may get deal offers that are not available online.

0 Ratings
davyl23
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 10

How many permutation are there Zulu17 ?. Infinity - Youview.   Bt Broadband - Youview for limited numbers where available.      Bt Broadband - Bt Vision box & card.    Sky box - satellite card.    Any other viewing permutations, apart from channel subscriptions

0 Ratings