cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Dysanovic
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Does signing up for BT Sport change my existing Infinity contract?

If I sign up for BT Sport, will it affect my current BT Infinity contract? The BT Infinity contract I have currently is due to expire in Jan '14. 

I ask this as BT appear to have a habit of locking their customers into long contracts (e.g. 18 months) without them realising e.g. me,

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
geo1986
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Does signing up for BT Sport change my existing Infinity contract?

Yes, it involves a new 12 month contract
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 8

The only version of BT Sport that doesn't require a 12 month contract is the web site/mobile app.  If you want it for free on a BT Vision box (or a Sky box) then it's a minimum 12 month contract.

0 Ratings
carlj64
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 8

Not sure how the 12 month contract is hidden on this one, I've noticed it on the webpage, ads, etc?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 8

"BT Sport - UK residential broadband customers only. BT broadband customers can watch BT Sport online at home with a minimum line speed of 400kbps. To watch BT Sport online elsewhere you need 3G/4G/wifi (charges may apply). To watch BT Sport at btsport.com you need Microsoft Silverlight. The BT Sport App works on iPhone (3GS and above), iPad (iOS 5.1.1 and above) & selected Android devices with OS 4.1. Max. 2 devices simultaneously. BT Sport is also available on BT TV for new and existing broadband customers who sign up for 12 months or have 12 months remaining on their contract; ongoing renewal needed to get discounted BT Sport. Sport on BT TV requires compatible box from BT - fee £49-£299 may apply. BT TV customers without BT Infinity will need to order & pay for a viewing card by phone from 1 Aug; allow ten days for delivery. e-billing required. BT Sport is free for new and existing customers. BT Broadband for new customers from £10 a month (plus line rental £15.45 a month). Terms apply."

From "The Legal stuff" at the bottom of http://www.bt.com/sport/?s_cid=con_FURL_btsport_getsport

The 12 month contract bit is in the middle of that paragraph.

0 Ratings
daveog
Message 6 of 8

Is a 12 month contract required if watching on a Sky box?  I don't think this is clear below, I have bolded the information that leads me to believe that it is only using BT TV that you need a new 12 month contract. 

" BT Sport is also available on BT TV for new and existing broadband customers who sign up for 12 months or have 12 months remaining on their contract; ongoing renewal needed to get discounted BT Sport. Sport on BT TV requires compatible box from BT - fee £49-£299 may apply. BT TV customers without BT Infinity will need to order & pay for a viewing card by phone from 1 Aug; allow ten days for delivery. e-billing required. BT Sport is free for new and existing customers."

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Are you legally bound if you HAVENT ticked the box and filled in the form yourself?

ie - if you ring up and ask to change, and the advisor does all the work for you?  when does it become legally binding, if you havent actually seen or hold any paperwork or e-copy?

Just curious as my current problem is that I cancelled my order, but BT never cancelled it, just want to cover all my bases.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 8 of 8

Do I automatically get BT Sport if I’m a BT customer, or do I have to order it?

You need to order BT Sport by visiting www.bt.com/sport.

• If you have more than 12 months left on your BT broadband contract, you can get BT Sport on BT TV or the Sky Digital Satellite Platform for free.
  • If you have less than 12 months left on your BT Broadband contract, you can get BT Sport on BT TV or the Sky Digital Satellite Platform for free if you sign a new contract for your broadband for a minimum term of at least 12 months.

All BT Broadband customers get the BT Sport App and access to BT Sport on btsport.com for free.

--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings