Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JPinch
Beginner
Message 21 of 33

Re: Enchanced Player not Airplaying video

Just posted this on another thread

Had the same problem as others with AirPlay only playing sound all last night (watching Chelsea). However tonight I stumbled on a work around which I have now tested several times successfully.
Open BT app and start playing chosen channel ( it automatically goes to 'enhanced' player). Press home button once on iPad to minimise app. I then open the YouTube app and play a few seconds of any video. If I then double press home button and go back to the BT app and start replaying it prompts me for which player I want. Press 'standard' and away you go.

It it works for me. 

0 Ratings
baggers81
Beginner
Message 22 of 33

Hiya,

I have been using my iphone 6 for this and have the same problem, does this work around work for the iphone also? 

0 Ratings
JPinch
Beginner
Message 23 of 33

I have a iPhone 4s and the BT app is working correctly ( defaults to 'standard' player) so I cannot test my workaround on iPhone. 

0 Ratings
Stenikit
Message 24 of 33

You are a genius! (Or maybe very persevering and lucky!) . Worked for me in the 86th minute of the game... A frustrating evening all round!!
0 Ratings
ConorButters98
Beginner
Message 25 of 33

What's annoying me is that I cannot AirPlay games on the BT sport extra channels since they automatically go into enhanced player. Please BT give us an option to completely turn off this player throughout the whole app

I have worked out a work around for BT sport Europe and BT sport 2 games. Go to the watch live at the top right. then open BT sport one then select the BT channel from the bottom right once in the BT sport 1 channel.
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 26 of 33

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the posts.  We have sent your feedback to our Sport app team and I can now offer an update.

Through investigation, the app team were able to replicate the problem and now they have a good understanding of what is causing the problem. 

To fix this issue it will require an update of the App.  This will be included in the next app release which we hope to have rolled out by the end of March.  In the meantime there are a couple of work arounds which some of you have shared here. 

I appreciate this is not ideal and thank you for your continued patience.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
pevo2016
Message 27 of 33

I have tried both of the workarounds for the problem of automatically being set to 'enhanced' mode while viewing BT Sport on the app. Neither works for me.

I am using iPhone 6 and an Apple TV.

There should be a way of using settings to set a user-defined default to 'standard' mode.

I understand there is a work-around on this coming in March, but in the meantime at least some of us are unable to watch BT Sport on a TV because the app no longer allows transfer by airplay to an apple TV. I'm paying an extra £5 a month for the privilege of seeing Champions League and most of it will be over by the time there is another update.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
PS61
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 33

The problem is the workarounds are hit and miss. They did not work for me tonight.
0 Ratings
Message 29 of 33

The workarounds for the issue didn't work for me tonight. I managed to get to a standard player by going the youtube route, however I just got the error message on my TV with the sound coming through.

Annoying how it works fine for when video, such as Premiership games don't use the enhanced player.
0 Ratings
Neil_M1
Message 30 of 33

The best workaround for me, which so far has worked everytime,is:

Upon opening the app select the game you want to watch...this then takes you to the player (usually enhanced player for Champions League). Before you select 'Watch Live' drag the control bar up from the bottom of the screen, turn AirPlay on (and select your device). Then, within the BT app, select 'Watch Live' and you are then presented with choosing the player option (Standard or enhanced).

I hope this works for everyone else too

0 Ratings