cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Expert
Message 11 of 32

Re: Error Code 6025 and VC019

Go to solution
That's exactly where it is, it's a locked sticky at the top of this forum.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
shanethegooner
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 32

Go to solution

@CullodenMuir wrote:

A friend in the village gave me a "possible solution" this morning which seemed ridiculous, but I tried it.

At bottom RHS of screen right click on the time. Select adjust date/time. Select Internet Time. Select Change Settings. Select Update Now and then repeat this again.

Seems ridiculous because the time was correct at the start, however IT WORKED. I now have BT Sport streaming correctly!

Amazing - please let helpdesk know !

For some strange reason this worked!

Thanks for posting. 

0 Ratings
Shrimper1
Contributor
Message 13 of 32

Go to solution

I agree with the comment about Ferdinand - and although Michael Owen comes across as a "nice bloke", he ain't a "Des Lynam! 

0 Ratings
andertl
Message 14 of 32

Go to solution
Brilliant mate. Tried for hours last night uninstalling/reinstalling Silverlight, updating IDM etc. Slept on it & found your post. Tried it & unbelieavably it worked. Computers can be strange beasts. Thanks a lot.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Steveharman
Beginner
Message 15 of 32

Go to solution

Bizarre - this just worked for me too!  🙂 

Someone at BT NEEDS to put this in a FAQ.  Or resolve the issue so crazy stuff like this no longer happens.  Or junk Microsoft Silverlight altogether. 

Know what I'd go with. 

Thanks for the tip!

Steve

0 Ratings
GraemeM1
Beginner
Message 16 of 32

Go to solution

On to it - thanks for the tip.

BT TV Expert

I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here to give advice primarily on BT Vision. Go here for more info.

If my post has been helpful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 32

Go to solution

The suggested solutions on here didn't work for me and that included different browsers, uninstalling silverlight and the windows time thing. I researched it and found people had similar issues with netflix so i tried their solution posted below:

Quit all open browsers - including this window! You may want to print the following steps.
    Press and hold the Windows key and tap the letter R on the keyboard at the same time.
    Type %programdata% then select OK.
    Open the Microsoft folder.
    Open the PlayReady folder.
        If the PlayReady folder is missing, you either do not have administrative privileges or your Silverlight installation has become corrupt and needs to be reinstalled.
            To continue, log in as an administrator on your computer, or take your computer to your system administrator for more help.
            If you are logged in as an administrator, use the Microsoft Fix it Tool linked at the top of this article, or see the How to clean a corrupted Silverlight installation and then reinstall Silverlight article on the Microsoft Support website.
    Right-Click on mspr.hds and click Delete.
        If unable to delete the mspr.hds file, skip step 7.
    Open a web browser and play your movie or TV show again.

When you go into the folder to delete the name of the file will be slightly different depending on your version for windows. The one posted here is windows 7 however it is the only file in folder and will have a similar name.

THIS WORKED STRAIGHT AWAY FOR ME  so if you were like me and bashing head against wall try it.

0 Ratings
tonyparkin
Beginner
Message 18 of 32

Go to solution

This may be a solution to part of this problem, but there is at least one other factor in play.

Hours spent following guidance re different web browsers, updating Silverlight  and clearing caches before getting to this point. I did eventually manage to get past the 6025 and VC019 problem on one machine, but not the second. And even then sometimes it takes repeated clicks on the (Continue ) button/link to actually get past it and successful streaming. Then tried logging out/changing browsers etc and the problem re-emerged each time, and the pattern repeated. (Fast, Windows 7 machine)

On the second machine, which is slower, and on Windows XP, I never got past the 6025/ VC019 message screen despite Continue attempts. It is as if there is some other speed-related time-out issue at play?

0 Ratings
jonhall
Message 19 of 32

Go to solution

I solved the VC019 error on Safari (Version 6.0.5 (8536.30.1)) on Mac 10.8.4 by running Safari in 32 bit mode. According to Microsoft, the Mac Silverlight plugin is only 32 bit.

To run Safari in 32 bit mode, find Safari in your applications folder, get info (Cmd-I) and check "Open in 32-bit mode". 

Clearing the caches (through Safari's developer menu) and waiting ten minutes for the VC010 error to clear (too many parallel streams) helped.

All Safari extensions run fine (including AdBlock).

Sorry, But I have no idea of the changes that running Safari in 32-bit mode makes. Use at own risk.

Best wishes, Jon

0 Ratings
dos-user
Message 20 of 32

Go to solution

A challenge to the BT developer/s of BT's Silverlight implementation for BT sport (I doubt very much that they wil have the courage to admit their mistakes and reply to this but there is nothing wrong with a little goading)

Please explain why you have blocked extension monitors/tvs/projectors in your Silverlight setup.

Please explain why you have misled other BT staff into believing that - as they often quote - 'Silverlight is a Microsoft product and not supported by BT' 

Access is a Microsoft product - we all create our own databases or 'apps' to use modern terminology.

Silverlight/BT sport works perfectly on my laptop.

Error VC019 when laptop put into dual screen mode regardless of whether a VGA cable is attached to extend viewing to my TV.

As I use my TV as my PC 'monitor' .....

Come on BT developers sort this out please as it will solve so many of the problems being reported here that are the result of graphic card incompatibilities. 

If you feel like quoting anti-piracy at me then please think twice - any high quality videocam pointed directly at any decent monitor will get around any anti-piracy settings you may implement on a software level - so the argument is really defeated before its conception.

0 Ratings