cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Whjheaton
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Error Message From BT Sport channels and BT Player

When setting up the youview box and opening the BT player, I get an error code BTP-15000 (on initial setup) or BTP-15990 (when trying to open BT Player). 

This has now been going on for over two weeks. I have spoken to at least 8 people who work for BT over the last few weeks who have not been able to solve this. I have had an engineer round who said that my account just needs to be Activated. Out of frustration I sent an email to the CEO of BT and his staff have been trying to sort out the issue but to no avail. They have just sent me another BT box which arrived today..... again... still the same issue. This is starting to really drive me up the wall. Can anyone assist? 

I have seen on the forums that lots of other people have simply had their accounts activated and its been fixed within minutes. 

For your info :-
The BT TV box is connected to hub with ethernet cable. 

The is no issue with the connection. I am on normal and NOT fiber. I am getting speeds as expected. 

I can access apps in the youview apps and have been told by the engineer this is not an internet problem. Both the box and Broadband box are showing a blue constant light. 

I have done a factory reset on the youview box

I have factory reset the hub

All youview software and apps are up to date

I can see all freeview channels. I cannot see any BT Sport channels (I am subscribed)

I cannot access the BT Player... that is when I get the error 15990. 

Many thanks, 

Will 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Error Message From BT Sport channels and BT Player

Hi @Whjheaton,

I've been reading over your post and I want to say that I am so sorry that you are experiencing these problems.

We have fixed issues like this for our Customers on the Community. I'd like to help you but the Executive Customer Resolution team (CEO's team) will have the same tools as us and will be taking full ownership of the fault. I have full confidence that they will get it fixed for you.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Whjheaton
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

DannyS ,

Thanks for your response. However, the CEO team have done not sorted this problem out at all and have not contacted me. A BT engineer came out on Wednesday and tested all the lines and they were all working correctly. The problem is with my account and I am still getting the same error code and it saying I am not a BT customer.

I have now had this problem for a month and I am absolutely appalled by the level of service I have been given. I feel completely let down and nobody seems to be helping. I have still had no contact from the CEO team for over a week now.

Please can you or your team help ?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi @Whjheaton  sorry that you have not had this issue resolved yet and have not been updated. To be sure that your case is with the CEO's team I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team. We can't take over the case if they are dealing but we will be happy to assist if there is anything different we can do to get this fixed for you. 
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi @Whjheaton  thanks for sending in your details and I can confirm that your case is with the CEO’s team. Your case handler has been in touch earlier today to update you.

Sorry that the fault is taking a lot longer than usual to get resolved but I can assure you that you are in the best hands to get this sorted. Do keep the thread updated to let us know how things progress.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

@Whjheaton 

Any problem using the catchup services via the guide or individual players like the BBC  iPlayer?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Hi @Whjheaton  has the fault with your BT Sport and BT Player been fixed now?

cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings