Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Win8Phone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 181 of 242

Re: Error code 6030 & 6025

Still there is silence from BT.

BT Sport is the only on-line player my laptop will not play.

Silverlight is correctly installed.

BT Sport was lauched 12 days ago. It should have been compatible with IE11. They should have not used the redundant Silverlight.

0 Ratings
akbarnes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 182 of 242

I still get nothing on my old XPsp3 and any Browser, but my on new HP Pavilion 4 Notebook (64bit, W8, IE10) it all works perfectly.  I still can't get anything on Vision+.  I have emailed 3 times, but no reply.

I would have thought that BT would have got a crack Silverlight team in from Microsoft and fixed it by now.  As far as rural areas go, I suspect that BT don't really care whether they get it fixed or not.  As long as they can compete with Sky, Virgin etc in the cities, they will be happy.  Out of interest - any city dwellers out there that still can't get a thing?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
k2150
Contributor
Message 183 of 242

Well today, 12 days after launch date the BT Sport web player seems to be working OK on all channels for me. BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2, ESPN, and all of the Best of BT Sport videos are loading up OK with no issues. Previously I was getting the infamous "6025" error, today that error seems to have disappered without me doing anything.

I'm using Windows 7 x64 bit, Firefox, and latest version of Silverlight. Let's hope it's fixed permanantly

0 Ratings
mikeoflondon
Beginner
Message 184 of 242

Another dissatisfied user. Using Windows 8 on a new PC and Firefox. Installed the requested Silverlight plug-in.

I get error 6025 nearly every time I try to watch on my laptop.  Ocassionally repeated retries will succeed, but completely unpredictable.

I've also just tried Internet Explorer 10: same problem initially then a couple of times it streamed Ok and now error vc010 "You have reached your maximum number of concurrent streams."

I write this in case it gets passed to any BT/Microsoft software team, a naive thought.

What a complete mess. You'd think a billion pound investment was worth testing before live and having a competent fault fixing team on standby, but then as a software engineer I'd never choose to team with either of these companies.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 185 of 242

You realise that apps on Windows 8 don't shut down, hence the VC010?
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
mikeoflondon
Beginner
Message 186 of 242

It's not an app its running from the desktop, and there's only one active IE window.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 187 of 242

So are you getting a VC010 still?
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
lambjon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 188 of 242

k2150, you are very fortunate if it is working for you, as it sure isn't any better for me, if anything, it's actually worse now!!

I'm still having to do the trick of deleting that PlayReady file every time I want to use the player, although now I seem to need to do it to even change channels (wasn't the case previously!). Also, in the past, after removing that file and trying the player again, it always worked first time, now I always get the 6025 error first, and then the video will play on the 2nd attempt. I've also noticed that I don't get many errors anymore, instead I get the neverending spinner, again, a change from previously.

Using firebug also shows some changes too. When I first load the player after removing that file, a request is made to https://license.avs.bt.com/rightsmanager.asmx to presumably obtain a license to play the content, this returns a file of 19KB, this happened previously. However, subsequent attempts to play back a channel does NOT request this file again, and that's when I get the endless spinner. In the past, an attempt was made to obtain a license each time, however, it would always fail to play back the content.

Comparing with Sky Go, I notice every time I change channels a license it obtained, and the other key difference of course.... IT WORKS!!!!!

0 Ratings
akbarnes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 189 of 242

Have a look at:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/aug/12/bt-broadband-scam

It won't solve the problem, but it will give you an insight as to what we are dealing with

0 Ratings
blackbagz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 190 of 242

Just had a call from BT customer services. Responding to the complaint i raised.

As i expected, it was completely useless. The operator that called attempted to fob me off using whatever their support pages said.

I said i'm not accepting that. I was directed to install that support tool nonsense that would cost me...what for...for those numpties to also say it's a fault with my pc? Then he went on to suggest silverlight is outside their support scope and i should contact microsoft.

So when i asked why is silverlight being used if it's outside their scope? no answer.

I've asked for it to be escalated because i do not accept my problem has been addressed or fixed. i'm not paying for additional support for a cronie to tell me i have a problem with my pc when clearly i don't. i won't be fobbed off to contact microsoft either.

I have to say, up until i subscribed to infinity, i never saw what the problems were with BT. i never (still don't) have an issue with the landline i've had for over 2 years, but i cannot believe the disassociation they are trying to palm off on the customer that this blunder is no fault of theirs.

All of you, raise complaints and do not be fobbed off by the operator suggesting it's a fault with your pc!

0 Ratings