cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bee-Jay
Message 201 of 242

Re: Error code 6030 & 6025

The last couple of days has been better accessing the sports 1 & 2 plus ESPN, with only the odd 6025 error; although still having to press watch several times on frequent occasions and the picture quality is very dodgy at times. Now I'm getting HTTP500 error. I was only watching Sport 2 an hour or so earlier, now I can't see anything. Add that to the changing schedule, although often I can't actually see the scheduler as it won't load properly, and it isn't a very good start for BT SPort.

0 Ratings
Tech3
Contributor
Message 202 of 242

http://current-version-plugin.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/microsoft-drm.html

With those high eror codes try the link.

if this helps please click the white star

0 Ratings
timgood
Aspiring Contributor
Message 203 of 242

Lady from BT Care phoned me yesterday. No fix for 6030 problems which is 'a known issue' but because I was signed up wrongly for Sport channels on YouView (no Infinity in my area, yet) they would be willing to send me a BT Vision box free of charge, which I could use with a £10 viewing card to watch sport on TV. I would get to keep YouView box, so when Infinity comes to our area later I could then access HD channels as well. OK I said.

This morning she phoned back. Sorry, I cant do that. You will have to send YouView box back, or pay £45 for BT Vision box. Which plus £10 viewing card means another £55 so that I can watch the channels that I'm supposed to get free being a broadband subscriber. Bear in mind that I have been paying an extra £5 per month for YouView when they talked me into the upgrade. Rubbish service, and still getting 6030 errors although other Silverlight content, including DRM stuff plays flawlessly. So no BT Sport for me, and certainly not 'free' with broadband. Facebook, Google+, Twitter here I come - #btsportisrubbish

Welcome to the err VC019 Club, current membership 124,567 and growing by the minute.

0 Ratings
blackbagz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 204 of 242

@tech3

That only appears to fix issues with DRM using firefox, not IE or Chrome. so us users that don't use firefox (i''ve tried firefox btw and it just swirls endlessly) can't apply this fix.

Just so people were aware this doesn't do anything for IE10 or 11
0 Ratings
Tech3
Contributor
Message 205 of 242

Sorry mate ! i posted the link because so many member's are having the same issue's as me useing firefox

Please accept my apology 😞

But it seem's strange you are having silverlight problem's useing IE10 ?

0 Ratings
artiefufkin
Beginner
Message 206 of 242

They are changing something, as lambjon says. Over the past couple of days my 6030 errors have been replaced by 3222 and VC019 errors, and the workaround I was using earlier as documented by lambjon and 3coloursunburst no longer works.

By the way, I just signed up for Netflix. It uses Silverlight. It works perfectly.

Hard to find the words to describe how impressed I am with BT.

0 Ratings
v366bbd
Message 207 of 242

Re: error 6030 and 6025 on different PC's

Spoiler
Thanks this worked for me as well with error codes of 6025 and VC 019

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Tech3
Contributor
Message 208 of 242

This is what i can't get my head around !! Netflix bbciplayer itvplayer use silverlight with no problems, then comes along BT with there big idea at a cost of 3.1 billion for the next 2 yrs, sadly letting a whole lot of bt customers down! i feel sorry for the people that are paying for this service with no viewing....Pull your finger out BT and sought these error codes out before we that cannot view cancel our subs and go with virgin media or sky...it will happen !!

0 Ratings
timgood
Aspiring Contributor
Message 209 of 242

This is an email I sent BT Care the original of which was removed from this forum because it contained the names of BT employees. Names have been changed to protect the guilty:

Dear XXXX

Thanks for your response.

I feel really let down by BT Care and BT Sport.  I have been a BT Broadband customer for over 7 years. Recently you upgraded me to a YouView box, for which I pay a premium. I was later contacted by BT to ask if I wanted BT Sport channels added for free. When the service launched, they all appeared on my YouView box and I could access BT Sport1.

A couple of days later they disappeared. I was told that the reason for this was that I did not have Infinity (it is not yet available in my area). XXXXX told me that because I was wrongly sold BT Sport, I could have an older box (BT Vision) with a card reader sent to me free of charge, and that I could keep the YouView box so that when Infinity arrives in Dawlish I could access all the HD sport channels as well. All I would need to pay, said XXXXX, was the £10 viewing card fee.

I agreed. Basically because I have been trying to access BT Sport on my computers, but have been constantly frustrated (as have over 120,000 others according to your own forum) with VC019 and 6030 errors, caused by the very primitive Microsoft Silverlight DRM system you are using to distribute the service. There has been no fix for this, although I have tried everything mentioned on the forums.

XXXXX then phoned me back the next morning to tell me that I would need to pay more for the 'free with broadband' service as I would either have to send back the YouView box, losing all my recordings and the ability to watch catch up TV and HD Freeview channels, plus the money I have already spent on the service, or pay for the BT Vision box and viewing card.

This seems to me to be pretty unfair. I can't access BT Sport on either my computers or my TV and will now have to pay £49 + £10 viewing card to get my 'free with BT Broadband service'. As you can understand, I am upset and will continue to complain about the lack of service and consideration (this has been going on for some weeks now) on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and your BT Care forums.

I think I deserve better. I think you have let me and many thousands of other subscribers down.

Kind Regards,

0 Ratings
Message 210 of 242

For VC019, try this:

How to clear cache using IE8

1. Open the internet explorer browser
  2. Click on the Safety menu, located at the far right hand side of your browser's Tab Bar. When the drop-down menu appears, select the Delete Browsing History...option.
  3. Please note that you can use the following keyboard shortcut in lieu of clicking the aforementioned menu item: Ctrl+Shift+Delete
  4. tick the top 3 boxes and press delete. Once done close and re-open the browswer and try again.

0 Ratings