Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Homervanderlay
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Error code AO042

Hi,

I was watching UFC TUF season 22 Finale and this error code has appeared. This is not the first time as this regularly appears when watching UFC past fights on the online player. I contacted live chat and was told this was a server issue which should be resolved in 4 hours... two days later and same but of the video and same error code. Anyone else experiencing this? How do you contact BT to resolve? Thanks
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Error code AO042

Hi @Homervanderlay,

I'm sorry you've had a few problems watching UFC on BT Sport. 

How are you watching BT Sport, is it through BT TV? Or are you using the BT App or online player?

If so what device are you using?

Thanks

PaddyB  

0 Ratings
Homervanderlay
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Hi Paddy, I am using BT TV App on IPad. The error appears on TUF Season 22 Finale, 1 hr and 53/54 mins into it. Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Hi @Homervanderlay Thanks for posting back. I can't find the error code you mention having appeared before Smiley Frustrated Are you able to confirm that the Ipad is running on iOS 8.0 or a later version?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 8

I believe this is probably the message that is being displayed

AF694C3C-4FFD-40CF-BCCD-6778DB67D68C.jpeg

0 Ratings
Homervanderlay
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Yes this is indeed the message- do you know why this happens and what the fix is? Thanks
0 Ratings
Homervanderlay
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Yes it is running the latest software. I have just tried UFC fight night Cowboy v Medeiros and it happens at 1hr 50.04.

As this one is a recent show I went into the BT Sport app and played it through there and it was fine. It seems to be the BTTV app which does this.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

I have the same error code. As it’s on so late, i take my ipad to the gym and catch up on UFC the next day on the BT TV app on my ipad. I can never watch a whole event without error code AO042 happening. It’s awful and annoying and always happens during the main event.
Tags (3)
0 Ratings