cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Error code IPC6041 on BT Sport Box Office Event

Hello, we bought and recorded a BT Sport Box Office event and have watch half of the event.  I have tried to go back and watch the rest but am receiving the Error Code IPC6041.  How can I get back into it again, as I can't record the event again obviously?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Error code IPC6041 on BT Sport Box Office Event

Hi @Taylort1m3 and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry you're not able to access your recordings. Take a look at What do the BT TV error codes mean? and let me know if that helps.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

not a viewer of Box Office Events myself  so only observations rather than direct experience.

The recordings are only viewable for a certain time after the event. That time period I believe depends upon the license terms of the Box Office  event so will vary depending upon whether it was  Premier League  , UFC , WWE, Boxing etc.

So which Box Office event and when was it held ?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi,

It was the WWE Survivor Series event last Sunday.  Didn't realise there would be a time limit to watch, especially when we are purchasing the event, don't remember reading that anywhere when purchasing.  Not happy if this is the case and we have paid for something we haven't received!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@Taylort1m3 WWE Network shows all ppv's for no additional cost. They're included in the monthly subscription.. 👌

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

As per the FAQs you can record a PPV event and watch it for up to 7 days after - so if your error was on Friday but the event was the Sunday prior, that won't be the cause of your issue.

Unfortunately that specific error code just means the box was failing to retrieve permission to play the video. There have been previous suggestions that a maintenance mode reset would fix it (keeping your existing recordings), but now you're past the 7 days it will have expired anyway.

0 Ratings