cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 46

Error code VC019

I have a Samsung smart TV and I can play the channels on at that moment but everything else I try to watch comes up with the error code. I don't have a PlayStation or anything & other apps are working fine.

Please help as I'm pulling my hair out missing everything 

0 Ratings
45 REPLIES 45
Message 2 of 46

Re: Error code VC019

If you're able to watch live TV but the clips/highlights are all failing then it sounds like you're either unable to contact (or are being blocked from contacting) our on-demand video service.

The simplest thing to check first would be a reboot of your TV, your internet router, and anything in between (e.g. wifi extenders, powerline adapters, etc).  Let us know how you get on.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 46

I have same issue on brand new Smart 4k QLED Samsung TV.  I can play Live streams but on anything else I get VC019 error.  I've checked settings all is fine.   Wifi/router is fine as all BT sport streams work fine on my Android phone & Windows Laptop.  Strangely enough, I have another 3 year old Smart Samsung TV in another room that again all streams works fine.   What is the problem?  

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 46

Send me a DM with the BT ID you're logged in with @h1208nez and I'll see what your TV doesn't like

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 46

@h1208nez unfortunately your TV is doing the same as described in https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport-on-TV-Online-player-or/Only-Ultimate-Channel-will-work-on-Samsu...

I can only recommend you try the steps detailed on my last post there.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 46

Ok will have a look thanks

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 46

Ive already re-installed App and TV software updates automatically.  will get in touch with Samsung  

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 46

Ok, ill give it a go. I have a Samsung 32in upstairs that does exactly the same thing
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 46

@DarrenDev 

re-installed BT App,

reset factory setting on TV

updated software

Reset Router

Contacted Samsung.  They've checked and say "it seems that this is down to server error.  However as we don't have access to the app code we cannot amend it.  Have you checked with BT if they will release any future updates"

Is this likely?

To clarify, brand new Samsung TV gets VC019 code when accessing On-demand content.  Its perfectly fine with Live streaming.   I can watch On-demand & Live on all other devices including older version of Samsung TV.  

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 46

@DarrenDev @Diane753 

Online with Samsung's in-built TV browser, can watch on demand, but can't on BT Sport App.  Definitely Code issue somewhere!    

0 Ratings