cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Error code VC526 ONLY WHEN TRYING CRICKET REPLAY

Can access all other content (app on ipad) - only the replay of todays test match that the error occurs.

I can watch it on my phone, but want it on the larger screen.

Reset app, reset ipad, reset wifi, tried tethering to 4G - it won't work.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Error code VC526 ONLY WHEN TRYING CRICKET REPLAY

The replay video is 8 hours 42 minutes long, which makes a larger than normal initial manifest to load.  Slower devices/connections may fail to load it within the 30 second timeout (causing VC526).

How is your wifi signal where you're sat? Would it be possible to boost it (i.e. move nearer the router) just long enough to get the video started?  Was the 4G signal strong?

I've checked our stats here, and VC526 for that video does appear to be affecting iPads (especially the iPad Air) more than other devices, with 10% of attempts resulting in a timeout.  That does mean 90% are succeeding though.

I've asked one of my colleagues to investigate further.

Message 3 of 9

OK we've checked a few devices here, and all seems OK. It does seem to just be a genuine timeout issue.
I've temporarily increased the timeout to 40 seconds, just to give it a bit longer to load - restart the app and see if that works for you?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Thanks - it had been working, watched maybe 2hrs, but just went again now getting the saem sorry error code, have closed & restarted app.

Again all other content on the app works fine, it's only the cricket.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

I can see you watched it for 1hr 46 mins before it then appeared to lose connection completely.  In that time, the quality jumped high and low quite a few times. Are you moving around? Is something affecting your wifi signal? Anyone else using your broadband?

Could you try going to fast.com in a browser on your iPad to confirm what speed it shows you're currently getting?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Hi - no did't move around. wi-fi may have dropped off then it wouldn't reconnect. I gave up in the end and watched some of the play in the evening on TV via firestick, then highlights today.

Now trying day 2 and we're back to VC526 every time.

No one else is draining wifi, good 25mps+ - I appreciate you always attempt to imply it's the users error, but that is simply illogical when there are no issues with other devices or other content on the app.

If the link size (8hrs play) is too large for some devices to connect to in a given time, which seems to be the case, then that's something for BT to resolve. Or split the play into 2 parts, but asking us all to run around in IT circles just to watch content we've paid for, isn't 'optimal'.   

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Sorry, but I'm out of ideas.
This issue is mostly affecting a single device, for a minority of users. The video isn't going to be split up for that.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Extend the time allowed for it to load then.

Otherwise that's your response - 'it doesn't affect enough customers, so we'll shrug our shoulders'

You have an app primarily designed for use on mobile devices - certain content on that app doesn't work on certain mobile devices, but you're happy that's not for you to fix?

Kinda sums up the state of the UK in the 21st century mate, bravo.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

I already extended it for you, and it's still failing. If it can't load 6 seconds of video within the 40 second timeout then you're going to have an awful video experience anyway.

This is one video, affecting one device. Many thousands of other users have watched it without issue. We can't afford to spend anymore time investigating it. You have other devices that work OK - I can only suggest you use them instead.
0 Ratings