cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Error code WP012 when trying to open BT player on Windows 10 PC

Go to solution

Have recently upgraded my software from Win7 to Win10. All went well and i thought i would check BT player to see if it was still working. It asked me to do an update to the player so i did. I now get an error when the web page opens the player. It momentarilly starts and then produces an error code WP012. I have tried chrome, firefox and edge as the default browser and the same error is produced on all 3. Any ideas as to what this could be. I have searched the forum but the existing threads did not seem to help. Regards Martin

MrMRWalters_0-1609171674106.png

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Error code WP012 when trying to open BT player on Windows 10 PC

Go to solution
WP012 means that Microsoft have detected a significant change in your PC, and believe it to now be a different PC. It's therefore triggering a security warning when trying to get a licence to play content.
To fix this issue, you need to reset your licence store. The simplest way to do this is to delete the following file:
C:\Program Data\Microsoft\PlayReady\mspr.hds

It's a hidden file, so you may need to change Windows settings to see it. Let us know here how you get on and if you need any further help.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

I have seen this fix on another post but i couldn't find the file. Now knowing that it is a hidden file helped. I deleted the file but now have a different error code, very frustrating, I now get WP025, related to an internet connection, which is fine as far as I know

MrMRWalters_0-1609173299091.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution
Ok so WP025 is a lot more difficult - "The integrity of the secured video output connection has been compromised or lost".

How is your PC connected to the display? Are you using official video drivers?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
Yes as far as i know, fairly standard set up with monitor and graphics card. Nothing has changed and was working before i updated to Windows 10. I note on my devices,(have been reading another thread so checked mine) that it says i'm running windows 8 when infact it is windows 10 now. Could that have an impact?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution
No - that's just a label created on first use. Doesn't affect the behaviour.
Have you rebooted since deleting the licence store? Worth a try.
Failing that, I'm out of ideas. This is being triggered by an internal Silverlight error, and Microsoft no longer support Silverlight. We're moving away from it as soon as we can in 2021.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution
Okay, I read what you said and thought I'd try a little experiment. I do have a second screen, a projector via HDMI. My PC screen mirrors the projector for when i want to watch TV on a larger screen. When i turn the projector on, the player works!! When I turn the projector off it throws the error code again. Weird that the code relates to internet connection yet it is the video feed. How do i reset the permissions so that i can watch player on just my PC? At least we are getting somewhere, thank you
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution
I'm get the error message updated for that one - it's the generic error when there's no specific help available.
It sounds like your projector is still showing as an available device even when turned off, but then failing to properly negotiate security.
Sounds like the easiest option would be to disconnect or totally power down the projector when not in use.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Thank you for the quick responses, i can live with projector issue, at least it works and I can watch BT TV allbeit on a 90" screen, once again thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Can i suggest using the BT Sport app available in the Windows store. It's limited to the live streams only, but it works.

0 Ratings