Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 26

Error message VC061 BT sport

Hi, 

I'm wondering if anyone has encountered the Error message VC061? on Bt sport. The full message reads...

Something's gone wrong and we're trying to fix it. If this message doesn't disappear in a few moments, please check our FAQs for more help.

Code: VC061

View FAQs

Every so often it shows up and doesn't let me click and play the sports channels. I have tried refreshing and logging in and out but the error shows up again. 

I also can't see anything related to this error code when searching for help in the FAQs

After a few days the sports channels start working again randomly. It's really frustrating when you are looking forward to watching a football match. 

Thanks

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 26

Re: Error message VC061 BT sport

I’m experiencing the same issue.

it only seems to happen with Microsoft Edge.

if I login through Chrome things appear normal. 

I don’t use chrome as my standard browser, so really frustrating.

BT, please resolve the issue.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 3 of 26

@R______  @Wirralred  can you please confirm what you're trying to watch, and how?  i.e. are you using a bookmark, or are you navigating to the content by going to bt.com/sport and then clicking "Watch"?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 26

I login to My BT, as I’ve always done.

navigated to BT SPORT 1 and before I can click on Watch I get the error VC061 message

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 5 of 26

OK strange. I know it sounds like a cop-out, but could you try clearing your cookies please? We would never expect VC061 to be visible to end users, so we're baffled as to why you'd be seeing it. We're aware that sometimes the cookies on bt.com can get too large and break a number of our services in strange ways.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 26

I usually go to the BT sport login page via my history in Chrome (on a Mac)

I cleared my cookies and used the same route above and same problem.

However I just searched for 'BT sport login' then logged in and BT sport 1HD seems to be working at the moment

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 7 of 26

OK thanks @R______  - using your browser history could explain it, as VC061 basically means that part of the player is no longer valid.  We'll do some more testing of that route and see if it's something we can recover from in future.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 26

No Darren I have the same problem. I'm on a MACBook - First I tried with Safari, got the message on logging (ie before choosing what to watch), so then switched to Chrome, but got exactly the same.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 26

btw I search for bt sport login on google and then log in
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 26

Me too. I am using Chrome. Getting this error message on three different PC laptops   On two of the laptops I used usual bookmark (never failed before). Third one I started from scratch via google BT Sport login link - same error. Read this thread - cleared cache/cookies/history - no change.

(Note: getting BT Sport fine on iPad after updating app).

0 Ratings