Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Europa League matches available only on Bt Sports App

Go to solution

Hi.

Is there any way to watch on my tv screen any of the rest of the Europa League games, the ones that are only available on app? 

I am a BT TV customer, with max 4k pack. The games are available on my mobile via the bt sport app but I can't find an option to watch them on the youview bt player or my xbox bt sport app. Am I missing something or there is no such an option?

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: Europa League matches available only on Bt Sports App

Go to solution

Unfortunately not available yet @mmoukiou - we're working on bringing them to large screen apps now, so hopefully early in 2021.

Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

@mmoukiou which game did you want to watch because there are currently 4 games being broadcast across BT Sport & ESPN. They're the only ones that I can see and they're all on the EPG and also accessible via the red button with goal alerts 

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

@DarrenDev @Thank you for the reply. It's a shame not to be on really. Also I was wondering why all the BT Sports Extra Channels are inactive too, but maybe this has been discussed already

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

@NigelB72  Thanks. Yes I know. But I was trying to watch the Greek teams, it doesn't really matter - they play dreadful football anyway!😁

Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

@mmoukiou the last few seasons BT have been showing every game. I'm guessing due to covid, they've had to pick and choose or UEFA have selected the games for global broadcast partners

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

There were 12 games on at the same time this evening - 4 shown on the regular channels, and the rest classed as "digital exclusive" meaning they're only available in apps.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution
Why were they not on the Extra channels?
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution
Highlighted
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Hi DarrenDev,

You say:

@DarrenDevwrote:

4 shown on the regular channels, and the rest classed as "digital exclusive" meaning they're only available in apps.

However, I was not able to find these games on the PS4 app (which is what I normally use). Did I miss something or is the PS4 app excluded as well?

I think that BT actually may only be showing these on the Android app only.

This leads me to my next question: if I buy a NOW TV stick (which I believe is Android-based), will I be able to use the BT Sport app on it to watch "digital exclusive" games or will it be like the PS4 app which doesn't seem to provide them? The NOW TV stick advertizes the BT Sport app on it, but since it is not clear which apps actually support "digital exclusives" it would be nice if someone can confirm whether this is the case or not.

Finally, another question to everyone: has anyone tried using a ChromeCast from Google to send picture from their mobile phone to the TV? Does that work for "digital exclusive" games and is the quality watchable?

Thank you!

0 Ratings