cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

European Super League

If BT Sport enter negotiations to televise the proposed European Super League, I will cancel my BT Sport subscription. (I have already identified that I will do the same with my Sky subscription if Sky do likewise). Would you do the same?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: European Super League

It's all talk. The larger professional teams will refuse this insanity ..... hopefully!

Carlusha_0-1618828011443.png  COYI!

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

May as well move all teams involved to cities in the USA and leave them to get on with it. It is how they like to organise their sports over there.
Message 4 of 8

The owners of the English six have no interest in football at all.

If they continue then I think Amazon, BT, Sky, Premier Sport etc. - should all get together and offer a combined bid of £1.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
Message 5 of 8

EzVhcxOVEAY638s.jpeg

Message 6 of 8

So BT are sitting firmly on the fence, is how I read that.
Message 7 of 8

Given that BT have the Champions and Europa League right’s through to 2024 I would have thought it is unlikely that they would look to acquiring rights in that timeframe if it were to be staged on the same midweek.

Now if it does go ahead I would like to see the competition  added to the OFCOM category A  events whereby all the live matches are required to be made available on free to air TV which would easily counter the clubs ambitions to maximise TV rights at least in this country.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

@gomezzwrote:
So BT are sitting firmly on the fence, is how I read that.

I don't see it quite like that but that last sentence from "We strongly believe....." is a bit crass and requires clarifying.

Does this mean that BT would be OK with it if they received an unsubstantiated  'assurance' that domestic football would be protected.?

0 Ratings