cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Eurosport Channels On BT TV

BT have informed my that Eurosport channels will be withdrawn from my BT Sport package at the end of the month. It's a it of a disaster for me as, apart from the occasional big football match, the only sports I watch is skiing in the winter and cycling in the summer.

As part of the cessation details, they did tell me that new TV packages are available that support Eurosport which I should call them about. After a long conversation at the weekend, to match my existing Eurosport access under one of the new packages would be £20 extra from £30 to £50 a month. That's around a 66% increase!

Bizarrely, while BT and Eurosport are the same company, I can get the latter for just £6.99 a month through Amazon Prime. 

The reason I'm posting? Can anyone confirm that the info that the BT rep gave me over the phone regarding the huge price hike is correct?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Eurosport Channels On BT TV

They're probably correct. Eurosport is now only available if you get Sky Sports which is daft. With the agreement for a joint venture between BT Sport and Discovery+/Eurosport it is likely to reappear in another, hopefully cheaper, form. This might not be until 2023.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Eurosport and BT Sport aren't the same company as the deal hasn't been completed yet. Their hoping for completion by the end of the year when Eurosport and BT Sport will co-exist and BT Sport who subscribe directly through BT will get access to the Discovery+ app. Until then, Eurosport will only be available as part of Big Sport or the VIP pack. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

One option is to get a Eurosport Player / Discovery subscription then cast that to your TV from your phone or tablet. Eurosport Player is very good on chase-play and catch up so not so much of a miss not being able to record as it you may think.

You need to check what deals are currently available what with Eurosport currently being folded into Discovery but a lot, lot less than an extra £20 per month.
0 Ratings