cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 61

Eurosport being removed 17th Jan

Just changed my package to Big Sport which now includes Eurosport but shocked to find  Eurosport will only be available on Big Sport and VIP packages until 17 th Jan. 

0 Ratings
60 REPLIES 60
Message 2 of 61

Re: Eurosport being removed 17th Jan

Hi @TommyB81 , where have you seen Eurosports  being removed? It was only added to these packages in Feb 2021 and is still been advertised as part of these packages.

Stew

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 61

Got a letter from BT today  Eurosport and Eurosport 2

"available in Big Sport and VIP packages until 17th January "

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 61

Are you sure it's not referring to them being removed from the older packages which are being phased out? Would be very bizarre for Eurosport to be getting removed.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 61

I was on on a legacy package which included BT sport and Eurosport got an email saying Eurosport was being removed on 17th Jan so changed package on Monday to Big Sport which includes Eurosport .Got letter today in microscopic print "Eurosport  and Eurosport 2 available in Big Sport and VIP packages until 17th January "  Feel really ripped of

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 61

Hi @TommyB81 , can you post what you have received and I can then ask the Mods to confirm if this is the case.

Thanks

Stew

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 61

Although we knew in advance that the old TV packages were being shut down "soon", I actually found out the date from a post on here - you guys knew before we (the dev team) did! The first question I asked was what is happening to Eurosport, as it has big implications on our future work.
I'm awaiting a response from the head of TV.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 61

It was a letter telling me I would be losing channels from my max hd package  and listing channels I would receive if I changed to New BT tv  At the bottom of the list was Eurosport and Eurosport 2 with an asterisk beside them underneath the list in tiny print                              * available in Big Sport and VIP packages until 17th January 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 61

@DarrenDevwrote:
Although we knew in advance that the old TV packages were being shut down "soon", I actually found out the date from a post on here - you guys knew before we (the dev team) did! The first question I asked was what is happening to Eurosport, as it has big implications on our future work.

With BT now offering Now TV packages and the old packages closing, there is just Eurosport, AMC & Box Nation left  on deals direct with BT. So if  BT are looking to concentrate on their core business of 5G and broadband (as been reported), could these deals be allowed to lapse allowing BT to  just rely on the Now TV offerings? Which would mean that Eurosport, AMC & Box Nation would be removed? Also, with DAZN being reported in wanting to buy BT Sport, that too could change the offerings?

Stew

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 61

@StewM wrote:

@DarrenDevwrote:

With BT now offering Now TV packages and the old packages closing, there is just Eurosport, AMC & Box Nation left  on deals direct with BT. So if  BT are looking to concentrate on their core business of 5G and broadband (as been reported), could these deals be allowed to lapse allowing BT to  just rely on the Now TV offerings? Which would mean that Eurosport, AMC & Box Nation would be removed? Also, with DAZN being reported in wanting to buy BT Sport, that too could change the offerings?

Stew

All very possible, which could possibly mean I'm out of a job very soon. 🤷🏻‍♂️

0 Ratings