Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 61

Re: Eurosport being removed 17th Jan

@DarrenDevwrote:

@StewMwrote:

@DarrenDevwrote:
Although we knew in advance that the old TV packages were being shut down "soon", I actually found out the date from a post on here - you guys knew before we (the dev team) did! The first question I asked was what is happening to Eurosport, as it has big implications on our future work.
I'm awaiting a response from the head of TV.

With BT now offering Now TV packages and the old packages closing, there is just Eurosport, AMC & Box Nation left  on deals direct with BT. So if  BT are looking to concentrate on their core business of 5G and broadband (as been reported), could these deals be allowed to lapse allowing BT to  just rely on the Now TV offerings? Which would mean that Eurosport, AMC & Box Nation would be removed? Also, with DAZN being reported in wanting to buy BT Sport, that too could change the offerings?

Stew

All very possible, which could possibly mean I'm out of a job very soon. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Then I hope I am seriously wrong for your sake.

Stew

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 61

Sorry, but I've just had it confirmed - we will STOP selling Eurosport on BT TV as of Jan 17th. Those who already have it on a Big Sport or VIP subscription will continue to have it for a while (end date TBC), but it will no longer be available to order as part of any BT TV package.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 61

Probably coincidence but 17 January is when the Australian Open Tennis  commence. Clarity on this event   and the  Winter Olympics that  follow in  February on BT TV  would be welcome.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 61

Can I ask for an update to this. Is anyone aware the time frame when Eurosport will be removed from existing customer’s packages?

Stew

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 61

Things are changing as Eurosport no longer accept new customers to their Player service.

And there is announcement on Amazon Prime that the Eurosport channels are being removed.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 61

@ozsatwrote:

Things are changing as Eurosport no longer accept new customers to their Player service.

And there is announcement on Amazon Prime that the Eurosport channels are being removed.

Yes seen that, in particular Amazon now offering Discovery + instead of Eurosport. 

Stew

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 61

@StewMwrote:

Yes seen that, in particular Amazon now offering Discovery + instead of Eurosport. 

Stew

Eurosport is moving to Discovery plus

Choose Your Plan | Sign Up, Sign In, Manage Your Account | discovery+ (discoveryplus.com)

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 61

@DarrenDevwrote:

Sorry, but I've just had it confirmed - we will STOP selling Eurosport on BT TV as of Jan 17th. Those who already have it on a Big Sport or VIP subscription will continue to have it for a while (end date TBC), but it will no longer be available to order as part of any BT TV package.

Is this plan now still going ahead? Eurosports is still being advertised as available on new packages on the website and within MY BT. If it is, do we have a time frame for existing customers to continue receiving?

Stew

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 61

With Sky launching it's IP offering, admittedly limited to it's own TV line at the moment, I do wonder how long Now TV will be around for. If Sky launch an IP box, with similar features to Q and Sky being Sky, pitch it with offers and attractive pricing, it will kill the platform stone dead. BT really do appear to want nothing more to do with providing a viable alternative viewing platform, if they were serious, they would be bundling as many apps as possible on their boxes, the lack of an internet radio app has puzzled me from day one. Sad to say, but the bundled subscriptions to Now, Netflix and BritBox just seem to me to be  a sticking plaster approach to keep existing customers. Really, given the other options out there, BT TV must be sitting right down at the bottom of the pile for anyone looking to have a TV option in 2022.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 61

I received new comms this morning to say that all Discovery owned channels (including Eurosport) have been given a stay of execution until June 10th. No explanation has been given (it's a surprise to me too).