cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 61

Re: Eurosport being removed 17th Jan

Typical. Not long after I renewed my Eurosport Player sub for the year. 😞

In fact a second kick in the proverbials as soon after I renewed Discovery started offering a full package discount of a third of what they had been asking and a half of what I paid for Eurosport alone.  Suggests to me they are struggling to build a viable subscriber base and we could see further developments in this story before the dust finally settles.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 61

Interesting developments indeed. Perhaps their channels aren't quite as "must have" as they thought! 

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 61

@DarrenDevwrote:
I received new comms this morning to say that all Discovery owned channels (including Eurosport) have been given a stay of execution until June 10th. No explanation has been given (it's a surprise to me too).

Thanks for the info. Not sure I understand the business planning behind it though (if there is any?)

Stew

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 61

Hmmm. Maybe connected to Discovery's discussions regarding BT Sport. Would be odd if the were to remove Eurosport now, and having to reinstate it later. We'll have to wait and see.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 61

Hi @DarrenDev, read your posts with interest as we lost Eurosport on 17/1 and after speaking with BT since, was advised to take out a BIG SPORT package, which we are told, as it has the Sky package, which comes with Eurosport, we shall get both Eurosport channels.  Issue is, 4 days after the switch it still hasn't happened and based on other's comments here, I am wondering if what we have been told is correct, or if Europsort is lost to BT?

Upon querying your community messages with BT folk, I am told you that you are a 'BT Sport' person and BIG SPORT is different?!

Am just a punter wanting to watch channels 435/436 - are you able to clarify one way or the other if BIG SPORT will let us do this and for how long?  As others have said, still being marketed and clearly BT staff are still of the mind it shall stay but...

Much obliged for your time.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 61

@tanchoboy out of interest do you get them on 412 & 413? Wondering if it may be a missing hd issue

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 61

@garybs29 have tried that and get same no joy message I'm afraid but understand your thinking, thank you
Message 28 of 61

@gomezz Discovery+ with Eurosport is currently £29.99 for a year and it's now available on Roku 👍😆 #kick

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 61

"Big Sport" is the name of one of the BT TV packages.  Full details of the package are here: BT TV Big Sport | BT TV Packages | BT

Eurosport 1 and 2 are part of that package, so if they're not working for you @tanchoboy then there's a fault. I recommend you give us a call to have someone confirm that the Big Sport package has been applied correctly.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 61

Eurosport MAX HD

I have the legacy MAX HD tv package and was told that I would definitely lose Eurosport 1&2 from the 17th January.

However, it's still with me so does anyone have any idea what's going on. 

Rgds

Alan

0 Ratings