cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 61

Re: Eurosport being removed 17th Jan

Thanks Neil. Do you know how long this deal’s for? I’m hoping that it goes beyond 10th June that we’ve already been told about by @DarrenDev. If so I think I’ll go for the Big Sport package as a new BTTV customer.
0 Ratings
Message 42 of 61

Excellent news! Means I don't have to think about taking out a separate subscription now for Eurosport - I had been considering whether to sign-up for the current 12 month offer for Discovery Plus.

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 61

@andydenyer I see from your post on another forum that you’ve just taken the Big Sport package on a 24 month contract.  Did you receive confirmation that the Eurosport channels are on a long term deal? You also stated that you got the HD boost/add on for no additional cost. Did you have to ask for that or was it offered to you?

0 Ratings
Message 44 of 61

@NeilOwrote:

Hi Everyone,

We were due to remove Eurosport from some of our legacy packages, and from new sales of VIP / Big Sport from 17/1/22.

The great news is that we've signed a new deal with Discovery (who own Eurosport) and this means we're going to keep supplying Eurosport on current eligible packages.

Thanks

Neil

@NeilO Can you please clarify? Is this new deal taking BT’s offering past the June 21 removal @DarrenDev   mentioned earlier?

Stew

0 Ratings
Message 45 of 61

I contacted the senior product manager on Friday and have asked for https://www.bt.com/help/tv/bt-tv-channels-ending-in-2021-and-2022 to be updated with details.
0 Ratings
Message 46 of 61

@DarrenDevwrote:
I contacted the senior product manager on Friday and have asked for https://www.bt.com/help/tv/bt-tv-channels-ending-in-2021-and-2022 to be updated with details.

Thank you. 

Stew

0 Ratings
Message 47 of 61

@Brucemeister5I haven't 'just' take it out - I've actually had it for a while now, and was previously getting Eurosport via one of the legacy TV packages and just accepted that I wouldn't be able to access it any longer without getting it via another means. But then Eurosport was added to the Big Sport package not long after I signed up for it, so for me that was a pleasant bonus. I've had no confirmation or guarantee that the Eurosport channels are on a long term deal - I guess I will just have to wait and see.

In terms of the cost, I took out the package when BT was offering it for £35 a month (instead of the usual £40 a month) for the full 24 month term. So, in effect, that paid for the HD boost which I added on for £5 a month.

In the past, though, I have asked what deals can be offered and have had things like BT Sport and/or HD boosts added at no extra cost as part of a deal (and then had to challenge bills when I've then been charged extra for them erroneously!). Hope that helps!

Message 48 of 61

@DarrenDevhe might of updated the website but it's still wrong, TLC and discovery are still being broadcast

0 Ratings
Message 49 of 61

@MJS1 wrote:

@DarrenDevhe might of updated the website but it's still wrong, TLC and discovery are still being broadcast

@MJS1 I've asked for it to be updated - it hasn't actually been updated yet

0 Ratings
Message 50 of 61

@DarrenDev  are they also staying our is it just Eurosport that's been resigned?

0 Ratings