cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 61

Re: Eurosport being removed 17th Jan

Thanks for replying @andydenyer. From re-reading your post on the other forum I can now see how I got my wires crossed and assumed you’d just taken out Big Sport. As you say over on that forum, it’s really a question of which sports you want to watch and which package on a particular platform suits your needs. There are several sports on Sky that I have absolutely no interest in, and they’ve also lost the rights to many things that I do watch that are now on BT Sport, Premier Sports or Eurosport. Being able to add and remove Sky Sports when I want to is a good option and the price is fixed too. Taking it directly from NOW and doing the same thing would not guarantee a good deal on price. Although Eurosport only comes as part of Big Sport too. 

Message 52 of 61

0 Ratings
Message 53 of 61

Anything is better than a deal with DAZN from what I have seen about them.
Message 54 of 61

@gomezz I agree. From what I've about DAZN's plans, it was basic going to be a gambling platform that shows sports

0 Ratings
Message 55 of 61

From an entirely selfish point of view - I'm more likely to keep my job with a Discovery deal. 🙂
We still won't know for sure for at least a couple of months though.

From all the calls we've had this morning, it sounds like everyone will benefit from this joint venture with Discovery. A very positive result for Sport fans, and great for TV subscribers too.

Message 56 of 61

@DarrenDevwrote:

From an entirely selfish point of view - I'm more likely to keep my job with a Discovery deal. 🙂
We still won't know for sure for at least a couple of months though.

From all the calls we've had this morning, it sounds like everyone will benefit from this joint venture with Discovery. A very positive result for Sport fans, and great for TV subscribers too.

Personally glad for that.

Stew

Message 57 of 61

Well, this is very interesting news! Maybe the Pro Box will get to live up to it's true potential after all. Discovery on board could see more content and channels 👍. Glad it's a hopefully a big positive for you too Darren.

Message 58 of 61

OK, so here's a poser. BT Sport is available on the Now TV Box, thanks to a deal that BT has with Sky. (Which was delivered two years after the anticipated date, so don't hold your breath on the Discovery hook-up.) So does that mean that Discovery and Eurosport will be available as part of the BT Sport app on the Now TV box, or will this new partnership scupper the Sky/Bt  deal to make each other's content available?

0 Ratings
Message 59 of 61

It has been rumoured @Sportbuffer but nothing will be known until it's announced. We're told an announcement should be made within the next 2 weeks.

Message 60 of 61

Simon Green, head of BT Sport, left BT at the end of March. Also, at the same time that the proposed Discovery joint venture was announced, it was stated that Sky and BT had agreed a new long term deal for the availability of each other’s channels on their respective platforms. 

0 Ratings