Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MartinH
Expert
Message 1 of 6

FFS! What a waste of time

FFS! What a waste of time.

Contact the mods about this, get a call from someone utterly useless who insists all they can do is put me through to customer options - the same people who've been giving me the runaround.

When I refuse to be put through, they contact customer options and relay to me the nonsense "It's not possible to get BT Sport on a YouView box".

In the name of all that is holy get your **bleep**ing lazy **bleep** act together.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: FFS! What a waste of time

MartinH,

Please don't stress yourself out with this. It's clear that nobody with a customer interface is aware of any plans for retail Youview provision (including for existing Infinity customers). The knowledge will be restricted to the development team until it's ready for release.

BT is a huge organisation and if the staff on the coal face (including the mods here) haven't been briefed what's going on then you really are wasting your time..... and at risk of receiving incorrect info as they 'ad-lib'.

You need to go to the top to have any hope of a meaningful response (that is where the original statement of intent came from in May). Email the head of retail for example. But they are clearly not ready to post an update at present.

So I would recommend that you try and accept that this isn't going to happen before 1st August, and that we are likely to miss out on the Free HD offer. Not a nice prospect I know, but this is business, and if you truly can't put up with it then your only sanction is to take your business elsewhere.
0 Ratings
MartinH
Expert
Message 3 of 6

@Colin_London wrote:
MartinH,

Please don't stress yourself out with this. It's clear that nobody with a customer interface is aware of any plans for retail Youview provision (including for existing Infinity customers).

BT is a huge organisation and if the staff on the coal face (including the mods here) haven't been briefed what's going on then you really are wasting your time..... and at risk of receiving incorrect info as they 'ad-lib'.

You need to go to the top to have any hope of a meaningful response (that is where the original statement of intent came from in May). Email the head of retail for example. But they are clearly not ready to post an update at present.

So I would recommend that you try and accept that this isn't going to happen before 1st August, and that we are likely to miss out on the Free HD offer. Not a nice prospect I know, but this is business, and if you truly can't put up with it then your only sanction is to take your business elsewhere.

I won't be missing out on the free HD. I registered in May. BT will either honour the offer or I'll move my £60pm custom to another provider. 

0 Ratings
MartinH
Expert
Message 4 of 6

More evasive bull that ignored the very specific questions I asked:

I'm sorry for all the hassle that you have had so far trying to get registered with BT Sport and for the times that you've been mis-informed about the availability of the BT Sport channels.

At the minute your account has not been registered for BT Sport. From what I understand you bought your YouView box from a high street retailer and not directly from BT, so at the minute BT Sport is not currently available on your TV. We are working on a solution to bring BT Sport to you. You will however be able to access BT Sport online or via the BT Sport app when it is released on 01/08/13. I understand that this obviously isn't the answer you wanted or were expecting to here. Hopefully we'll be able to provide you with BT Sport over your YouView box in the near future. 

Tomorrow I'll be cancelling my call package, Bt Vision player and downgrading my Infinity. That's at ;least £20 per month BT just lost and when I get tot he end of my contract, I'll be moving to a new provider.

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

Yes, but at least that statement is all factually correct (for once), and is all they are able to say until they release a product suitable for us.

Why they haven't bothered to get a product out in time is another thing however, and I think that's just because we're down the priority list, plus possibly waiting for the Youview managed software release to catch up with their patch release.

0 Ratings
MartinH
Expert
Message 6 of 6

@Colin_London wrote:

Yes, but at least that statement is all factually correct (for once), and is all they are able to say until they release a product suitable for us.

Why they haven't bothered to get a product out in time is another thing however, and I think that's just because we're down the priority list, plus possibly waiting for the Youview managed software release to catch up with their patch release.

It's not factually correct because I did phone to register, three times in fact. 

0 Ratings