cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Football commentary only coming through rear speakers with Sonos

Hi, I watch BT Sport using the app on Apple TV. I have a Sonos Arc and two Play 1 rears. When watching the football on Ultimate the commentary during the game itself only comes through the rear speakers and ambient sounds all come through the front soundbar.

During half time, build up or post match, everything works correctly.

Using any other Apps on the Apple TV is also perfectly fine (ATV+, Netflix, Disney+, iPlayer, Prime etc etc).

It's like the codec or mixer is set incorrectly for Atmos app streams. 

Has anyone else noticed this? I'm loathed to raise it as a fault as they'll no doubt ask me to unplug everything in the house and the rest of the street before passing it over to someone competent.

Edit - I've found another thread with others reporting the same issue so I'll add a reply there.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Football commentary only coming through rear speakers with Sonos

A few people have raised this in other threads on here, specifically just with Apple TV devices ... but it's not everyone with Apple TV, and it doesn't affect any other devices (even though they all use the same stream).
Unfortunately we've not been able to reproduce it on the large selection of devices we have (including various models of Apple TV, with different sound systems). Very confusing.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Football commentary only coming through rear speakers with Sonos

Thanks @DarrenDev - I noticed the other thread after I'd posted this. If there's anything I can do to help please let me know.

I did previously use an ATV through an AV Amp and I don't recall having the issue but then again it wasn't running Atmos, just regular 5.1.

0 Ratings