Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 72

Re: Free HDR viewing for the UEFA Champions League 2019

@SeanD 

It would be nice to get some questions posted yesterday addressed before the game tonight.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 72

Hi @TimCurtis  sorry for the delay in getting back to the thread. The HDR streaming starts at 7.30pm so please watch BT Sport 2 until then. 

I'm still searching for an answer on your settings and will post back if I get any more information on that for you.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 13 of 72

If a message can be passed back up the chain, there really needs to be a test loop in future, going past tonights game. Few minutes is all that is required. Might help weed out a lot of complaints.

BBC can do it on thier Beta iPlayer for devices that BBC Beta iPlayer will run the UHD tests (HLG test loop), pretty sure BT can do the HDR10 loop.

stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 72

Looking forward to 7.30 PM when the HDR coverage starts, my Apple TV 4K is ready:

HDR-small.jpg

0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 15 of 72

Hi Stew - the difficulty is that adding HDR capability to hardware like the YouView box is a much longer and more difficult process (ie. swapping out millions of boxes across the country) than adding HDR to our digital apps (mobile and large screen). Remember you can watch in HD HDR if you have an Xbox, Apple TV or Samsung TV, or you can cast it from an HDR mobile device to a Chromecast Ultra with an HDR TV.

Do keep your eyes peeled re. TV box as that will follow in the not too distant future! But unfortuantely we weren't able to do in time for this final.

Enjoy the game!

BT Sport expertKitH
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Sport queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice and help, where I can, on BT Sport queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 16 of 72

Hi  there. Unfortunately, changing the hardware in YouView boxes is much longer and more complex than developing our digital apps, on mobile devices and large screens (Samsung, Xbox, Apple TV, Playstation) so we weren't able to do in time for this final.

However, keep your eyes peeled re. YouView box in the not too distant future, as I can assure you it isn't forgotten! 🙂

Enjoy the game.

BT Sport expertKitH
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Sport queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice and help, where I can, on BT Sport queries. Go here for more info.
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 17 of 72

HDR started at 7.30. So hopefully you can see it working now!

BT Sport expertKitH
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 18 of 72

To watch in HDR you will need to be logged in yes.

Only paying customers can get HDR.

The free stream is available the same as paid for.

Hope you and your guests enjoy the game!

BT Sport expertKitH
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 72

@KitHwrote:

Hi Stew - the difficulty is that adding HDR capability to hardware like the YouView box is a much longer and more difficult process (ie. swapping out millions of boxes across the country)...

...Do keep your eyes peeled re. TV box as that will follow in the not too distant future! But unfortuantely we weren't able to do in time for this final.

I smell a new 4K box, Dolby Vision and HLG support as well please.... 😁

0 Ratings
woppy101
Beginner
Message 20 of 72

At least the BBC did it right with the FA cup final, it’s alright telling everyone that your broadcasting the final in HDR but you have to have the bitrate to back it up which clearly ATM bt sport do not 

0 Ratings