cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 21 of 72

Re: Free HDR viewing for the UEFA Champions League 2019

Seeing a lot of coding/decode artefacts on crowd shots from high behind etc. but looks fairly good when your brain filters that out. If that makes sense. Only interested in rugby but wanted to see what was possibly on offer, appreciate this is 1080p on an app on a 55".

4k on the box is as usual, very good. Not playing the two devices at the same time.

Back to a film now.

stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 72

@400wrote:

Seeing a lot of coding/decode artefacts on crowd shots from high behind etc. but looks fairly good when your brain filters that out. If that makes sense. Only interested in rugby but wanted to see what was possibly on offer, appreciate this is 1080p on an app on a 55".

Same here, too many artefacts for me so I have gone back to the YouView channel.

0 Ratings
woppy101
Beginner
Message 23 of 72

Clearly not enough bitrate 

0 Ratings
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 72

I've flipped between the app a d my 4k box a few times and the 4k picture looks far better to me. The picture via the app looks dull, less vibrant. I'm struggling to see what the fuss is about to be honest, it's certainly not an improvement from what I'm seeing.

0 Ratings
woppy101
Beginner
Message 25 of 72

The BBC HLG broadcast of the FA cup final was far far superior to this broadcast, I have switched back to the sky btsport channel which is much better 

jparnell82
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 72

Can't watch HDR and 4K side by side but switching between the two I can't tell much difference, 4k is possibly better through the youview box. Certainly wouldn't pay an additional £5 for HDR.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 27 of 72

3@KitHwrote:

Hi Stew - the difficulty is that adding HDR capability to hardware like the YouView box is a much longer and more difficult process (ie. swapping out millions of boxes across the country) than adding HDR to our digital apps (mobile and large screen). Remember you can watch in HD HDR if you have an Xbox, Apple TV or Samsung TV, or you can cast it from an HDR mobile device to a Chromecast Ultra with an HDR TV.

Do keep your eyes peeled re. TV box as that will follow in the not too distant future! But unfortuantely we weren't able to do in time for this final.

Enjoy the game!

But BT had the head start! Other platforms have kept upto speed! HDR available on all other platforms except our BT TV but BT will catch up soon!

Stew

woppy101
Beginner
Message 28 of 72

They keep plugging the HDR, but they need to do a hell of a lot better than this showing as it’s not in the same league as other broadcasters 

0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 29 of 72

Hi woppy - we're sorry you haven't enjoyed our broadcast. We've worked hard to put a world class team together with the likes of Gary Linekar and Rio Ferdinand leading our shows but there's always room to improve. If you could provide some specifics we're always looking for customer feedback!

Hope you enjoyed the game anyway (although wasn't the most thrilling!).

BT Sport expertKitH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Sport queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice and help, where I can, on BT Sport queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 30 of 72

Overall a disappointing experience last night.

Not only was the game a little dull but I think that HDR was nowhere near as impressive as it's been hyped to be. I found it slightly superior to the HD transmission but as has already been mentioned not as good as the BBC's transmissions.

What was impressive though was it's low bandwidth usage. HD was taking 1.2MB/s whereas HDR was less than a fifth of that to achieve a better picture than HD.

As for Gary Linekar , well i can do without him on my screen.