Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 61 of 72

Re: Free HDR viewing for the UEFA Champions League 2019

@stereohaven 

Will wait for the official reply but my take on it was that you would still be able to order and get the 4k HDR feed for your Apple TV4K (when it is released) BUT you will have to pay a £5 month premium rather than getting it free as part of your 4K package, as without the constraints of needing to allow headroom for two tuners (4K feed itself is only 33Mbps) you should be free to decide for yourself if you have the bandwidth to run it.

BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 62 of 72

I'm afraid not right now - apologies. But as I say keep an eye out for a new bolt-on which is in the works.

0 Ratings
ozsat
Expert
Message 63 of 72

So after all your pages saying that it HDR is available on the Chromecast Ultra - you now say it isn't?

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited with BT Max 4K package.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 64 of 72

@KitH
Hi, keep the technical pages simple. No adverts, no text extolling the virtues of BT etc. Keep it neat, keep it simple and keep one page with the info on.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 65 of 72

I might add that a good test loop will help no end. People can try it before any matches seeing as there is not a lot happening on the channel when sport is not being shown.

0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 66 of 72

Hi ozsat - HDR was available on Chromecast Ultra for the UCL final last season. However, we have to more heavily encrypt events this year, to prevent piracy, and unfortunately this is causing us some unexpected technical issues with HDR on Chromecast Ultra right now. We're working on getting a fix in place.

Really sorry about that but I can assure you it's a priority to sort at our end.

You will be able to get HDR right now on Samsung TV's and Apple TV's, and 4K on our BT set top box.

BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 67 of 72

Hi 400 - we have programming 24/7 so this is a challenge. We do of course do plenty of testing ahead of launches (even if may not always seem that way...!) but issues at the weekend weren't something that could be caught in normal trialing. I know that sounds strange but is the case.

BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 68 of 72

Could you send me the link to the page you're referening, so I can take a look and see if I can make it clearer.

0 Ratings
robotman1
Contributor
Message 69 of 72

You've earned your wages today @KitH 😁 Bet you'll be glad to see the back of this particular Monday. Well done for persevering 😀

0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 70 of 72

Haha cheers. It's genuinely very welcome to get constructive feedback from customers, even if it can be a bit stressful when it descends all in one day!

It may not always appear so, but we do really work hard on providing a great experience for customers of BT Sport on our digital products. Please bear with us while we tweak and work on the exciting new technologies we're trying to launch for our customers 🙂