Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 22

Re: FreeSports

Go to solution

Hi @JamieHeavens 

FreeSports is delivered in the UK via transmitters that cover approximately 75% of the country. 

Do you receive the channel if you view Freeview directly  using an aerial connection  to  your TV rather than via the Youview box ?

Did you retune as a result of changes to your local transmitter , which transmitter do you receive your signal from ?

0 Ratings
JamieHeavens
Beginner
Message 12 of 22

Go to solution

I’ve done all of the above and nothing is still working and the channel is not available I have retuned my BT box and the channel is not available I will also include my Freeview TV channel is not available on that either 

0 Ratings
ozsat
Expert
Message 13 of 22

Go to solution

Either Freesport is not available in your location - or you tv aeriel/cable is not up to the job.

It is sometimes just a dodgy cable connection somewhere.

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited with BT Max 4K package.
0 Ratings
robotman1
Contributor
Message 14 of 22

Go to solution

@JamieHeavens 

Go to https://www.freeview.co.uk/channels-at-your-address and enter your postcode and house number for a list of all channels available in your area.

0 Ratings
loftfuton
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 22

Go to solution

Same issue for me. I had it last Saturday when I recorded a game from it, but after the recommended re-tune which I did on Thursday, its gone. The freeview website confirms it is available at my postcode. I've done another re-tune but still no channel 64. I live in Northern Ireland just in case that is a common factor with anyone else who has lost it.

0 Ratings
stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 22

Go to solution

I have asked about the HD variant in another thread because for many of us the SD version is unavailable for a number of reasons and some of BT's competitors (Virgin Media and Sky) already provide it.

According to a conversation on Twitter, when asked about the HD version becoming available on BT FreeSports said they "are in discussions". 

It would be a nice addition because it does have some good content (which is always better in HD), and removes the reliance on Freeview.

I live in a strong signal area pointing at Crystal Palace with a high quality aerial that is supposed to pick up the additional channels after the last round of changes, but it doesn't. Much easier to have it delivered over the internet, well for me anyway. 😉

robotman1
Contributor
Message 17 of 22

Go to solution

@loftfuton 

Freesports is only available in Northern Ireland from the Divis transmitter. Secondly, have you retuned this week following the big retune event on the 4th. Although my tv retunes automatically the BT service is still in the 'dark ages' where you must do a full retune from the Settings menu.

@stereohaven  Although I can receive Freesports via Freesat I'd also love to see it included in the BT epg. I very rarely use Freesat now as I have BT for subscription telly and use a Roku Stick+ for the Catch-up services etc.

stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 22

Go to solution

@robotman1wrote:

@stereohaven  Although I can receive Freesports via Freesat I'd also love to see it included in the BT epg. I very rarely use Freesat now as I have BT for subscription telly and use a Roku Stick+ for the Catch-up services etc.

There is a Sky dish on the front of the house (dodgy LNB though), and the TV does have Freesat built in so I could get access, but it's a load of faff for one channel! 

It was on TVPlayer (albeit in SD) for a bit but that seems to have died as well.

loftfuton
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 22

Go to solution

Yes, I did the major retune on Thursday just past. It was after that that ch64 disappeared. BT has suggested checking for 'hidden' channels so I'll give that a go.

robotman1
Contributor
Message 20 of 22

Go to solution

@loftfuton 

Can you receive the other channels on Com8 such as BBC4HD? There's some reading here re lost channels after a retune which might help https://www.freeview.co.uk/support/living-with-freeview/aerials-and-reception/some-of-my-channels-mi...

0 Ratings