cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 241 of 338

Re: Freeze payment for BT Sport

Anyone with the slightest intelligence in bt management would have realised that much of their phone lines problem could have been helped by putting up a pause button

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 242 of 338

Spoiler
Oh
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 243 of 338

OK time out. Perhaps now is the time to stop points scoring and think more about your health and well being. At the end of the day sport is immaterial in the current crisis. Think more about the families that have lost their loved ones, and a little less about the difference in how both companies have reacted to the lack of live sport. Hopefully everybody here will still be around at the end of the year, that is by no means a given, and is way more important.

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 244 of 338

Unbelievable crass comment by hunter2660. Point scoring, give your head a shake.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 245 of 338

I’m not totally happy with how BT have now somehow made customs feel guilty about asking for a pause / money back . 

as someone who is a diabetic and somewhat in a vunerable group I’m slightly concern about getting covid. But also it’s a monetary concern for some as wages could be lost. BT have suddenly turned into a charity worker that looks at you in the face as you walk past them... Shame on you for making your customers feel awkward.

Highlighted
Expert
Message 246 of 338

@curiousfellowwrote:

Unbelievable crass comment by hunter2660. Point scoring, give your head a shake.

I disagree @curiousfellow .

There is a significant difference between BT and Sky, BT is primarily a communications company whereas Sky is primarily a broadcaster. Each has chosen to concentrate on helping their customers in their own way, that is their choice and just because one does something it doesn't mean that the other has to do the same.

Sainsbury's have said that they have received a years worth of communications in the last two weeks, so no-one should be at all surprised if they are having difficulty getting through to BT, especially if they are being asked for discounts for BT Sport. I would be surprised if 'live' broadcasts made up more than 20% of BT Sports' air time, so why does anyone want it all free?

We all are having to make do and manage as best we can, for most of us we are probably coping a lot better than others. 

Perhaps you should all complain to the BBC because they have stopped making Eastenders etc and ask for a refund of your TV Licence. 

It's a blip for a few months, get over it now and accept it, stop moaning and leave the communication channels free for those that really need it.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 247 of 338

What about freezing the Sky Sports section of your package?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 248 of 338

With all due respect to those who said stop these posts, no one on here has forgotten about the current situation we find ourselves in and the seriousness of the situation. We all fully appreciate the hard working NHS and Key Workers. This is not point scoring but a point of principle given these unprecedented times we find ourselves in.  Further to my previous posts,  i now add that has BT Sport given a thought to those people who have either lost their employment or been forced onto reduced incomes?  No. These  people will all have been signed up to various contracts with BT Sport mostly 18 months thinking they would have had continual employment and income for this period. Also why are BT Sport /certain posters on here making people who are on reduced incomes feel guilty if they do not donate to NHS? Come on, that's not fair. So now after successfully campaigning on here and via the press and Martin Lewis BT offer this derisory one month credit, that's why subscribers are annoyed.  Sky (who I am certainly not their number one fan either before someone accuse me of that) came forward with a proposal that every subscriber appreciated and thought was a nice gesture. As i said in previous posts if Sky can put the well-being of is subscribers first and pause billing I cannot see why BT cannot do the same. Why are BT Sport not pausing billing or offering credit on a rolling basis as there is no way this covid 19 situation is going to last just 1 month. As for the option of donation of credit to NHS organisations why are BT Sport just not making a considerable donation to the heroes on the front line who need the money and resources urgently. I await a response now from the certain posters on here who are quite clearly employees of BT or company people with large incomes.  My view is we keep campaigning and I reiterate I have not lost sight of the current seriousness of what is going on in the UK with covid 19.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 249 of 338

Just bumping this back to the active page, I think everything that could be said, has been said in the last 25 pages, people are upset, stressed, concerned and it's understandable, attacking each other isn't helping.

For now BT have made a way to get a 1 month credit without the need to call in, no doubt next month it will be reviewed, let's just sit tight and see what happens, stay safe everyone and we'll get through this 🙂

The donation is optional, It's an automatic process so you can choose any option you want, It's not selfish looking out for yourself, nobody needs to say what they chose and nobody can verify it anyways.

@PaddyBwrote:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for bearing with us, BT Sport customers can now go to bt.com/sportsupport to get a one-month bill credit for BT Sport, or, choose for BT to donate the credit to the NHS Charities Together Covid-19 Urgent Appeal.

We’ll update you as we get more info about live sport.

Thanks

PaddyB

Highlighted
Expert
Message 250 of 338

@Oldhamerwrote:

With all due respect to those who said stop these posts, no one on here has forgotten about the current situation we find ourselves in and the seriousness of the situation. We all fully appreciate the hard working NHS and Key Workers. This is not point scoring but a point of principle given these unprecedented times we find ourselves in.  Further to my previous posts,  i now add that has BT Sport given a thought to those people who have either lost their employment or been forced onto reduced incomes?  No. These  people will all have been signed up to various contracts with BT Sport mostly 18 months thinking they would have had continual employment and income for this period. Also why are BT Sport /certain posters on here making people who are on reduced incomes feel guilty if they do not donate to NHS? Come on, that's not fair. So now after successfully campaigning on here and via the press and Martin Lewis BT offer this derisory one month credit, that's why subscribers are annoyed.  Sky (who I am certainly not their number one fan either before someone accuse me of that) came forward with a proposal that every subscriber appreciated and thought was a nice gesture. As i said in previous posts if Sky can put the well-being of is subscribers first and pause billing I cannot see why BT cannot do the same. Why are BT Sport not pausing billing or offering credit on a rolling basis as there is no way this covid 19 situation is going to last just 1 month. As for the option of donation of credit to NHS organisations why are BT Sport just not making a considerable donation to the heroes on the front line who need the money and resources urgently. I await a response now from the certain posters on here who are quite clearly employees of BT or company people with large incomes.  My view is we keep campaigning and I reiterate I have not lost sight of the current seriousness of what is going on in the UK with covid 19.

The option to donate gives an easy option for those who can afford to, I hardly think that it has anything to do with making any customer feel guilty.

I have no idea but it's possible that the 1 month could be extended. As you have said people take out contracts on their ability to pay. Although this is currently enforced, should a company react any differently to normal conditions, if so then how do you differentiate etc?