cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Frequent buffering on BT Sport Ultimate through Nvidia Shield TV pro

Anyone else have this issue? Any tips appreciated to stop it happening. Happens frequently during prem football matches.  Now Superfast broadband with Now hub 2 using ethernet cable hardwired into shield. Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Frequent buffering on BT Sport Ultimate through Nvidia Shield TV pro - Sony UK

Same issue here during last nights Livepool - Madrid CL game. 

Networked seemed fine but was only able to reliably play the standard HD version of the stream. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: Frequent buffering on BT Sport Ultimate through Nvidia Shield TV pro - Sony UK

I also had a similar issue during this game ... Ultimate worked until the half-time add with a couple of periods when the picture appeared to stutter but quickly return to normal. Then the "VC547 check internet connection / restart app" message arrives with no amount of restarting device, router, changing from wired to wireless connection, reinstalling app etc having any effect. SpeedTest on the device doesn't show a problem 100+MB straight line.

My setup is a Apple TV 4k using the installed BT Sport app .

What I find frustrating is trying to track down a little more 'official' information on the error code & were to start looking for a fix.

Any wisdom here would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@123wqer fortunately for the Android TV client I added detailed logs so I can check things like this, though they're quite time consuming to sift through.

Taking one specific example where your playback failed at 20:11 on the 21st, it was reporting your bandwidth as being 8.8Mbps - not fast enough to keep up with the Ultimate stream, but OK for the HD stream.  A few seconds earlier, it was reporting 49Mbps, and when you started the content a few seconds later it was 46Mbps again. The highest it reported that evening was 177Mbps.

I assume you can't explain this huge variation in network speed?  Nothing else you're doing on that same connection?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for looking into this. 

I ran some speedtests on my Unify Dream Machine router that might've hogged bandwidth. But those were reading 200mbps+ consistently and I was running those after I encountered buffering.  

I tried both a wired connection and WiFi without much else going on the connection. 

I'll double check with my ISP (Virgin) if and when I run into issues again. 

0 Ratings