cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smiggs
Message 1 of 4

Future Chromecast support

Hi I have read an article online that states Chromecast will be supported for ee customer app from this upcoming 18/19 football season.

But I can't find any official announcement from bt or ee can anybody she'd any light on this or is the Chromecast support a dead end for ee app

Thank
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Future Chromecast support

I would have thought that if you posted on EE own community forum  perhaps giving the article  details you have you  might get some responses.  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

There was an official press release from BT on May 16 whereby some future plans were mentioned.

https://www.btplc.com/News/#/pressreleases/new-consumer-business-unit-of-bt-group-unveils-plan-to-de...

0 Ratings
IanW17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Just spoke with BT customer services to cancel my BT Sport on Sky as I am cancelling Sky off altogther soon and they don't seem to be aware of this press release. Think BT need to send an email out to everyone about it, but expecting a call from someone later this week to cancel it off as there is currently an issue with raising the request.

Will the BT Sport app work on WiFi or does it actually have to use your inclusive data. I'm pretty sure that you can't connect to a Chromecast via 4G. This is good news though as I have an EE Max plan and get BT Sport as part of this. Didn't really want to be paying twice for this service.

0 Ratings