cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 11 of 13

Re: Going round in circles! Sport App for broadband customers

Thanks, this is a copy of the link bot the web chat and then customer services person sent me... maybe it's just me but when it says BT mobile deal without broadband... neither could confirm that I actually do have broadband and should therefore be able to cast with my mobile!?

Can I stream BT Sport using Chromecast or Apple TV?
Yes, with the right equipment, you can stream the app to your TV if you’re a BT Sport or app-only subscriber.

However, you won't be able to 'cast' the app on to a large screen if you watch the BT Sport App as part of a:

EE Mobile subscription without the large screen BT Sport App bolt-on
BT Mobile deal without BT Broadband
BT Business package
(Windows devices are also unable to cast to big screens, whatever subscription you’re on.)

If you are casting, be aware that it's only possible to cast the Standard player and not the Enhanced player. Also remember that the device you're using the BT Sport App on must be connected to the same wi-fi network as your Apple TV or Chromecast.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44724/c/6401

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 12 of 13

Thanks for flagging this post @-Richie- 

Welcome back to the Community @lobsterlee.

Sorry about all the confusion I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team. We will be able to take a look and see what BT Sport package you have on your account. 

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 13 of 13

Hi. If the app was pre-installed on your phone by EE do the following. 1. Remove the app from your phone. 2. Go to the App store and download - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bt.btsport&hl=en 3. Open the App and Login with your BT Credentials when prompted. Now you should be able to cast.

0 Ratings