cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Google TV

Hi!

I have a 4k Bravia sony TV with Google TV as its operating system. 

Is it possible to stream BT sport (for FIFA world cup) on this TV without having to get any extra hardware such as broadband or a chrome case? and only relying on the tv hardware

If not, can I use my laptop to stream on the website and connect it with an HDMI cable to the TV?

If not, and if I want to cast/mirror from my phone or laptop to the TV, would it still support 4k and be 

what is the plan I can get for watching the world cup matches and how much does it cost?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Google TV

@mehdi_ghale As the world cup is on BBC or ITV it's not linked to BT sport. As long as you can receive BBC / ITV channels on your TV there is nothing you need to do.. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

thank you!

but which BBC?

is it possible for you to send me a link?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

is world cup going to be streamed on BBC for free or do I have to pay?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

@mehdi_ghale are you in the UK? You need to be in the UK with a TV licence to watch UK TV channels (including BBC and ITV). If you're not, try using Google to find who'll be showing the World Cup at your location.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

@DarrenDev No!

I live in Sweden and all the local streaming channels have Swedish commentary but I want to watch the matches in English

what should I do? 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

I'm afraid this isn't the right place to be asking this question - there are options available to you, but none that can be discussed on here as they would be breaching T&Cs for the relevant streaming services. Google offers a few suggestions.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

There's masses of information on the net for UK viewers.

I found this little beast to be the most informative.

World Cup 2022 - UK only Viewing 

0 Ratings