Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
beauchampboiler
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

HD Online Player

Go to solution
On Friday, I noticed that the rugby was available in ‘HD’ both on the app and the online player. It looked absolutely fantastic with both a higher frame rate and resolution. I haven’t seen this option since so was just wondering if it was if will be made permanent at some point or if it was just a one off test.
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: HD Online Player

Go to solution

Hello @beauchampboiler,

Thanks for posting again - and well spotted! We'll have our full HD (50fps) streams live on the app and web players within the next few days.

Kind Regards,

Colin

Sport expertColinB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Sport queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice and help, where I can, on BT Sport queries. Go here for more info.
beauchampboiler
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
Cheers for the response Colin, that’s great news!
0 Ratings
Brucemeister5
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

I saw the rugby in the evening too. It was also available to watch some BBL cricket in the morning, and I watched the Ashes extended highlights as well. I was very pleasantly surprised to find that it was all available to Chromecast too. The difference in the picture quality on Chromecast is amazing.

0 Ratings
ploppy
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@ColinB_Sport

Can you tell me whether the new web-based player is still Flash?  Flash has been a disaster for me on my Mac.  I don't have the full Flash installed on my Mac for obvious reasons, but I watch through Chrome's built-in Flash player.  When it was Silverlight it was excellent, then Flash was really bad, then Flash improved for a while, then the latest update to either Chrome or its Flash player has knackered it again.  It stutters every couple of seconds.  Impossible to watch without wanting to throw the laptop out of the window.  I hope you won't be trying to use Flash to play HD content.  I pay for BT Sport HD on BT TV but in order to keep the peace in the house I don't always watch on the TV.

BTW, how will we choose the online HD option when it's available?

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@ColinB_Sport Can we please have an official statement about this please.

Firstly what do you call Full HD is that 720p or 1080p.

Secondly can you confirm if you can only get the SD stream while watching on Mobile network via the app as i seem to have only seen HD on the app when watching via wi-fi (although haven't tested this much).

Thirdly will the HD streams be available when going directly from the BTTV app to watch a sports channel.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
ploppy
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

If I can answer my own question - I'm watching Leicester v Fleetwod in Safari full screen in pretty good quality, so I'm assuming it's HD.  I guess it proves that it's not Flash because Safari has no access to Flash.  I couldn't get it to work initially - endless spinning wheel - but I followed the help page and turned of some setting in Safari preferences and voila.  I had already tried with Chrome but that didn't work - stuttering every couple of seconds so I gave up.  I should go back and see if there's help getting Chrome to work.  It's not perfect in Safari - every now and again I'll get about 10 secs worth of static images, but it does recover.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Flash has been dropped in favour of HTML5. BT seem to have been keeping it quiet but there's some info here.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings