cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

HD or SD?

Go to solution

I'm a BT Broadband customer, and pay for BT Sport on Sky (one box) and also for the BT Sport HD pack. The Sky channels 413 etc are in HD.

However, using the BT Sport app on my Apple TV 4K or Sony TV the actual channel playing is the SD one when selected (even though the HD one shows on the home content page). I’m a bit confused - does that sound right? Would appreciate any guidance please . Thanks!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: HD or SD?

Go to solution

More importantly, why are you paying twice?? Wouldn't it be cheaper to cancel the BT sport via Sky sub and just subscribe directly through the app and take the ultimate option? 

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks Nigel! I'll get on to it.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

BT Sport app isn't SD mate, they've just removed the 'HD' from the logo you see onscreen.

Not sure if this has happened yet on other platforms, but it changed on BT Sport app last weekend and i reckon looks alot better

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

I’ve been a BT Sport app only customer since Day 1 and I pay  £5 per month extra to get BT Sport Ultimate. There was a significant upgrade in quality for the mobile app around January 2018 IIRC. Nowadays BT Sport app (both large and small screen) is available on so many devices,  I think that the quality that you get will depend upon both device and line speed, and you will receive the best possible quality accordingly.  @DarrenDev tends to call all BT Sport channels on the app other than BT Sport Ultimate the “regular channels”. There has never been a HD upgrade available for the app and I think it makes sense to remove the HD from the DOG and just guarantee best possible quality accordingly. 

Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Yes, absolutely @Brucemeister5 

The regular channels are fed from an HD source, but the quality you see will depend on your connection speed, display resolution, device, etc.

I hadn't spotted that they'd removed the HD suffix from the DOG - we're checking with the content team that it was intentional, as it now doesn't match the logo we show in the app.  Either way, you're still getting the same "up to HD" quality as before.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hopefully it was intentional, removing it has made them look alot tidier and smaller too.