Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 151 of 500

Re: HDR BT Sport App

Strike my last post.

Was going by rugby last night.

Xbox now streaming ahead of Apple.

Still a bit pointless having the game on in two different rooms.

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 152 of 500

@Mallett94wrote:
Ah thats annoying. My Sony is the same! It only shows the input refresh rate if the input signal is 1080/24p 😂.

If you can be bothered you could always quit the app, disable the 50hz output, relaunch the app and see if you notice any difference in the picture. On the PS4 the 50fps to 60hz refresh rate mismatch is horrible and is obviously noticeable.

If the Xbox is doing 50hz correctly for BT sport then you should be able to obviously notice if it's iffy when you change to 60hz

As the game is as good as over I didn't mind a quick test, 60hz introduces a very slight "jerkiness" to the picture.

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 153 of 500

@Mallett94 Thanks. But not happening. I have the 4k max package. No biggy as I have the BT box but this is truly annoying the way it has been rolled out and set up for use. 

Leaving it as a dud and back to the set top.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 154 of 500

Hi @400 I'm sorry to see you haven't been able to view the HDR content. If you have a compatible device and the 4K Max package it should be working. I'd like to take a look at your BT account info to make sure there are no issues on our side stopping this from working so I'll send you a private message with details on how to get in touch with the moderation team. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 155 of 500

@NeilO thanks NeilO but it is not HDR. I understand that that will not run on the Apple 4K TV? It is lack of 4k or not seeing the BT Ultimate on the Apple TV App on the Apple 4K TV device. Just so the issue is clear.

The HDR as I understand I need to set my Apple TV for 1080p output but I do not want to try that, I did for the previous test in the year and not to that worried via apple TV, seeing as 4K for me is a better format (personally speaking). That is the one I want to see. 

4k I am seeing fine via the BT Set top (I know that cannot do HDR). I have deleted the apple TV app and re downloaded and logged back in.

If this is still something you still need to dig into then let me know and I will check the PM and reply. 

If I could get a suggestion passed back up the chain of command, a test loop of a 4k ( and/or/with HDR where required) this loop is on the BT sport App so people can run it and check to see if their kit will work to it. BBC do it quite well on the iPlayer app in Beta mode and is a good way to check your kit is working without waiting for the main event.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 156 of 500

So I’ve got BT Sport HD on sky, but have just got a new Samsung TV which has the BT Sport App which I assumed meant I could watch in 4K. However after googling to no luck I spoke to BT Customer Service on live chat who told me I would need to pay £5 per month extra for ultimate but that couldn’t be done online I had to phone to add it as it was new. 

However my main question is that I’ve not seen any mention of Ultimate or 4K on my Samsung app at all? If I pay to upgrade will the app change and allow me to watch in 4K?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 157 of 500

Hi @400 sorry I missed that you hadn't set the Apple TV to the 1080p HDR 50Hz setting if you don't do that the HDR won't work and thanks for the suggestion I can most certainly feed that back.

@olgitnorm yes you can get the BT Sport Ultimate bolt-on to your existing package for £5 on a rolling-monthly basis. If you Speak with sales on 0800 800 150 they'll be able to get that ordered for you.

@Dorsetred Samsung Smart TVs from 2016 and 2017 will show selected BT Sport Ultimate programmes in Enhanced HDR, which offers superior picture quality to HD HDR. 2018 and 2019 models support full 4K HDR.

Check out the BT Sport Ultimate help pages on this link for more information.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 158 of 500

@NeilO  yes I have a 2019 Samsung TV. My point is, the app doesn’t mention 4K or Ultimate anywhere on there, so what would change if I upgrade to add it to my subscription?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 159 of 500

Follow the below instructions and you should be fine. Just replace 'ATV4K app' with 'Samsung Smart TV app'.

Do you have one of the Max Packages?

Close the BT sport app on your ATV4K. Open it fresh. Send a pic of the home page. You should see if you scroll down that there is a small square tile simply titled West Ham Vs Spurs. Below this you will see the tiles for the different 'Live channels'. Ultimate does not show on the live channel row. The only way to access it is via that small square tile above the love channels row, on the home page.

Hope this helps.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 160 of 500

@Dorsetred, If you have a BT Sport Ultimate subscription and your TV is 4K or HDR compatible, the app will automatically detect this. Depending on the event being shown, you'll see an icon and the BT Sport Ultimate logo when you're streaming.

0 Ratings