Recognised Expert
Message 91 of 405

Re: HDR BT Sport App

@Mallett94  4K SDR on ATV watch this space possibly VERY soon πŸ˜‰

Mallett94
Aspiring Expert
Message 92 of 405

Interesting to know. I wonder if there might the choice to choose between 4K SDR or 1080p HDR? 😝

0 Ratings
robotman1
Aspiring Expert
Message 93 of 405

@Mallett94 

I don't think I'll ever get my head around people choosing to be on group chats instead of just concentrating on, and immersing themselves in, the sports action on their tv. Each to their own and all that πŸ˜€

Excellent choice of birthday present.

I changed chroma to 4:4:4 and noticed a marked difference in picture quality. Maybe it's just me and my overly sensitive sight when it comes to picture detail.

I am a long time advocate of Logitech Harmony remotes which are an ideal replacement for my ever growing remote collection 😁

Check out Apple TV+ as there's some good stuff on there. I also got the free year πŸ˜€

iangreasby
Contributor
Message 94 of 405

I am enjoying "The Morning Show" and "For all Mankind" on Apple TV+, both excellent shows.  Hoping for more to come.

Mallett94
Aspiring Expert
Message 95 of 405

@robotman1 Do you feel like you saw an improvement to actual TV show/film content? The UI menus and screensavers would certainly look a bit better at 4:4:4, but almost everything I've read has pointed towards all TV show/sports/film content being broadcast at 4:2:0 level. This has been the industry standard for a very long time.  Rtings is usually a reliable source of information and they have a page dedicated to talking about chroma subsampling.

Are you still using the ATV4K for BT Sport or do you prefer to watch the 4K SDR Atmos stream via the T4000 box when available?

@iangreasby I'm really interested by the space one. I'm going to enjoy that for sure.

0 Ratings
robotman1
Aspiring Expert
Message 96 of 405

@Mallett94 

Yes, indeed I did see an improvement on actual tv show/film content, with colour reproduction a marked difference πŸ˜€ That may be down to my tv of course in how it accepted the change.

I'm still using the ATV4K for all my viewing. Again my telly produces such an impressive picture regardless of source, but then again I'd demand/expect nothing less for the price I forked out for it and the calibration(s) πŸ˜‚

0 Ratings
Mallett94
Aspiring Expert
Message 97 of 405

Good to know!

I just checked the BT Sport Ultimate channel guide on the internet. The FA cup match between Darlington and Walsall this evening is being shown on the Ultimate channel on the T4000 box. Potentially this could mean the 1080p HDR stream might be available to try as well 😁
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 98 of 405

Or maybe we will get to see the special one in 4K πŸ˜‰
0 Ratings
iangreasby
Contributor
Message 99 of 405

@robotman1 .  May I ask how you change the chroma setting on the Apple TV box?  I had a look last night and I can't see it in the settings menu.  I'm sure it used to be there, but I did a software update recently so maybe the option has been removed.

0 Ratings
robotman1
Aspiring Expert
Message 100 of 405

Certainly @iangreasby 

I'm on the latest software: tvOS 13.2 (17K82)

Settings>Video and Audio>Chroma

It should be found between HDMI Output & Match Content within the Video and Audio menu.

0 Ratings