cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

HDR Issue

The issue I'm having is I’m getting an error message when i switch to 465 (BT Sport Ultimate HDR) amd it’s saying my TV does not support HDR, meaning I will get less quality. 

Although this is a very recent issue, because before hand I wasn’t getting this whatsoever. I’ve not touched any sort of setting on my BT nor my actual TV either. What is causing this and how can I fix this? 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: HDR Issue

Have you viewed HDR content on the TV before? 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Yes multiple times thats what the issue is. Its just started all of a sudden

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Try changing the HDMI cable and if that doesn't work, try another device that outputs HDR in the HDMI port to rule out a TV issue.

Also, try a full reset of the Youview box.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

My box occasionally says the bandwidth is not sufficient for HDR for a few seconds when the stream starts - but soon clears and is HDR.

What tv is it? It may have received an update which has changed settings.

@MadDawgPJwrote:

The issue I'm having is I’m getting an error message when i switch to 465 (BT Sport Ultimate HDR) amd it’s saying my TV does not support HDR, meaning I will get less quality. 

Although this is a very recent issue, because before hand I wasn’t getting this whatsoever. I’ve not touched any sort of setting on my BT nor my actual TV either. What is causing this and how can I fix this? 

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Hi @MadDawgPJ thanks for reporting this issue with HDR. Could you let me know what make and model of TV you have connected to your TV Box? I'll also drop you a private message to get some more details to help us investigate this for you.

thanks,

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

I am having this same problem, I have an LG C9 and to test this issue I bought a HDMI 2.1 8k 48GBps cable, it throws up an error.  It is plugged into a standard HDMI port as I have my soundbar on the eArc.

Any ideas why this is happening?  

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Re: HDR Issue Fixed

I had the same issue.

This fixed mine:

on BT box go to settings>picture&sound>hdmi display

Change the setting to UHD 50fps 10bit

>Done

Go to the program list select 1>ok

then select 465>ok

message no longer there. 😀