cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Efran
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Has anyone got BTSport on Youview?

All I can see on here is people like myself who can't get BTSport on Youview to work and can't seem to get any response from BT, nevermind a resolution!

So I thought I would ask the question because people are more likely to report problems.

Has anyone who looks at this forum got BTSport on a Youview box? If so how was it done?

It would be nice to know that it can be doen because to put it bluntly, I'm not impressed with BT so far on this one.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
SJMan
Beginner
Message 2 of 12

Re: Has anyone got BTSport on Youview?

No is the answer judging by the treads on here. But i must say i am impressed with the youview box they sent me,much better than the Sony recorder that it replaced. will have to have go at using the app and see if that works, lets hope its all all up and running by the start of the season. Fingers crossed. 

0 Ratings
Efran
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

This is an update. I finally got through to BT on Saturday morning at 7:00 after giving up at midnight. I figured that most people would stay up to solve a problem rather than get up early and tackle it. I got through starigt away!

Any way problem solved. I was connecting the Youview box via an Apple Airport Express. This does not work! I couldn't connect directly because of distance between Hub and youview box so I tried a spare TPlink 500Mb network over mains adapter and it is all fine now.

I know that BT don't recommend this and prefer a direct ethernet connection but this works for me and is convenient so I'll continue using this for the time being.

All in all very pleased with BTSport in the end.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 12

You need to use the home hub because it supports multicast but your airport express doesn't
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Highlighted
martinput
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

I called the helpline at 04.30 - I'm an early riser! Got straight through, so still a useful tip if traffic is an issue.

I was getting the 6023 error persistantly which when I cancelled continued to a "sorry this channel is unavailable please contact your service provider" message.

The advisor ran through the usual checks - turn box off then on again, remove and re-insert ethernet cable, reset Openreach modem, reset Home Hub.

Then a key point cropped up as she asked me to ensure the ethernet cable was plugged into Port 4 on the Home Hub - apparently none other will suffice.

I have only three ethernet ports on a BTInfinity Home Hub 2.0 - which apparently is not sufficient to watch BTSport on the Youview Channels 507, 508. 509, 510, 511 and 512.

She ordered my a replacement Home Hub - (I assume a Home Hub 4.0?) - with the ongoing advice that, on receipt and set-up, the Youview ethernet cable connection is made into port 4.

Hopefully this will resolve the issue - and assist others with ongoing issues.

Best wishes

Martin

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
martinput
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

Checked out Ethernet Port 4 on the Home Hub 4.0 - it's a GigE port 10 times faster that the other 3 Ethernet Ports allowing the Hub to pass the full speed benefits onto the device attached - in this case the YouView player.

0 Ratings
tvwatcher
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 12

I have it working fine on you view. I do know you need a hub 3 or above. The ip channels will not work with a hub 2.0
0 Ratings
itsmee
Contributor
Message 8 of 12

works fine for me and has done since day 1...

0 Ratings
chris_n
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Works fine for me & has done since day 1, I did need to fit an ethernet cable though as powerlines did not work reliably enough due to needing to use them on an extension.

0 Ratings
martinput
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

Recieved what is clearly a mass e-mail advising that " We have noticed you have an older Hub so we're sending you a Home Hub 3 at no extra charge so you can receive BTSport".

I wonder how many are being sent out - and if BT realised they would have to do this when they launched BTSport?

Appears to be a separate arrangement to the replacement Hub arranged for me by the BT helpline advisor yesterday. May end up with two! Still hoping that one might be a Home Hub 4....

0 Ratings