cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dfenceman
Expert
Message 1 of 14

Has anyone had a problem keeping thier existing deal when ordering BT Sport ?

The title says it all.

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Message 2 of 14

Re: Has anyone had a problem keeping thier existing deal when ordering BT Sport ?

Have you?

I am to scared to phone just in case but I must be brave before the 31st July to ensure the free HD. I am even more scared about what happens at the end of our existing deal!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 14

Re: Has anyone had a problem keeping thier existing deal when ordering BT Sport ?

didn't have a problem when I added BT sports

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 4 of 14

Re: Has anyone had a problem keeping their existing deal when ordering BT Sport ?

@davidmridge61 wrote:
Have you?

I am to scared to phone just in case but I must be brave before the 31st July to ensure the free HD. I am even more scared about what happens at the end of our existing deal!

Hi davidmridge61,

I have still not signed up yet as I am concerned about the contradiction on the BT website, viz :-

From the BT sport website it states :-

"BT customers with the Sky Digital Satellite Platform

Just add BT Sport to the Sky Digital Satellite Platform for FREE.

This will start a new 12-month contract of your current BT Broadband package."

Lower down it then states :-

"If you've got a broadband special offer, you'll keep it on the same terms you originally agreed to – including when it ends. "

I thought I would wait a while and see what problems, if any, other people had - hence this post.

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 14

Re: Has anyone had a problem keeping their existing deal when ordering BT Sport ?

dfencemen,

There is no contradiction in those quotes.

It means that, for example, if you have a retention deal @ £10 per month off on your current contract for, say, 12 months ending January 2014 (reducing your package from £33 to £23 a month), then if you sign up for BT Sport in July then you will keep the £10 a month off the new price until January 2014. But as you have signed a new 12 month contract you would then be locked into £33 a month from February 2014 until July 2014.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Yes, Colin but BT, and other forum members, say that you are still able to negotiate a further broadband deal at the end of your current deal. That is the contradiction.
0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 14

Maybe an unstated possibility that you can haggle to extend a discount, but not a contradiction between the words on the website.
Message 8 of 14

Agreed.
0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 9 of 14

Hi Guys,

Maybe I am wrong but I still see it as a contradiction.

It says signing up will start a new 12 month contract.  But it then says "If you've got a broadband special offer, you'll keep it on the same terms you originally agreed to – including when it ends." 

I currently have 17 months of an 18 month contract to run.  It is not "X" amount off, it is an agreed fixed price.

So is the addition of BT Sports going to add anything to my monthly subscription within the next 17 months ?

If I am interpreting Colin_London's explanation correctly then it will ? 

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

As you currently have 17 months to run you will not need to contract for a new 12 month contract. That is a requirement if you have current contract of less than 12 months. On a slightly different point, as I and many others have found out to their cost (excuse the pun), there is no such thing as a 'fixed' BT deal (either call plan or broadband). If there is the usual January BT price increase, then your prices will increase also. You will find other posts from me and others on the forum about BT's 'fixed price' deals. They don't exist despite what the sales team advised at the time of your deal. You will also find at the time of any broadband price increase that you do in fact get a discount from the standard broadband price. When you get notification of any standard annual broadband increase they will notify you of the cost of broadband and calls and the discount that you receive. For the annual increase on 5th January 2012 my price of broadband and calls did not change but my discount reduced and yes, I had a fixed price deal!
0 Ratings