cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

How do I watch BT Sport via the internet/app on LG TV?

Go to solution

Hi,

I have a BT sports & Sky sports TV package with BT. I can watch via a box in my living room. Upstairs, I'd also like to be able to get these channels too, but don't want to pay out monthly for another box....

I am not tech savvy so I don't know too much about my options. I have an LG TV upstairs, I am not sure which model, I purchased it maybe 10 years ago, it is a smart tv. I have the NOW TV app and have managed to get the Sky Sports channels on there....

Now I need to work out how I get the BT Sports channels. What app can I use to watch BT Sports? I have googled and not managed to find any information. I found an article from over a year ago that said Ireland can get BT Sports through NOW TV....why can't people in England?

I have also tried going to the web browser (no idea what browser it is) on the LG TV and login to my BT account and try to watch via that, but it gives me a VC089 error message stating that I need to upgrade my browser to the latest version. With whatever web browser this is - I have no idea how or if I can update it.

Would be much easier if there was an app I could use on my LG TV do watch BT Sport from. Why do Sky have something but BT seemingly have nothing - apart from for Irish viewers?

The only way I think I can make this work is one ridiculous way where I am going to have to buy a cheap tablet computer and play BT Sport via the BT website and buy a HDMI cable to link the tablet to my TV.....

Please tell me this is not the only way other than having to pay BT £10 a month for another box. Seeing as BT seemingly has no compatibility with LG TVs and I am paying BT a fortune for the service - they should give me an extra box for another room for free. There's 5.5million LG TVs being used in the UK!!!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: How do I watch BT Sport via the internet/app on LG TV?

Go to solution

Easiest option is to buy a Firestick or Roku Streaming Stick for around £50. They'll work on all TV's with a HDMI connector. We've got two Roku's and they're such good value for money because there are hundreds of other channels (apps) available and a lot of them are free with no subscription. Roku also have a very large library of their own content. The Roku Streaming Stick Plus also fully supports 4K and HDR 

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Yep. As @NigelB72 says, you'll need to connect an external device - Chromecast, Google TV, Now TV, Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, Xbox, or PlayStation.

If there's a Discovery+ app for your TV then you'll be able to use that for the next football season, but there won't ever be any BT Sport app available for LG TVs.

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Ok, thanks...

I have the older Xbox One.... will that work? been sitting in a cupboard for a while so off the top of my head I don't know how I'd access BT Sports from the Xbox One?.... is it through signing onto a web browser via the console that I'd be able to watch the sports channels?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Yes, the Xbox One is supported - there's an app you can install from the Microsoft Store.