cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 12

How do Youview users with Infinity order BT Sport HD - Can a mod answer this

I've just been looking at the website for ordering BT Sport to get the free BT Sport HD offer for a year.

When you select you have a Youview box, you only get the following options

Upgrade to TV Unlimited

Upgrade to BT Infinity

On choosing any of these you then have to order another service, yet there is no option for the BT Sport HD, you only get the option to add to Sky Package or use the online app.

So please can a mod, let customers know how to actually order this for their current package if they are on Infinity and have a Youview box.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
philwar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 12

Re: How do Youview users with Infinity order BT Sport HD - Can a mod answer this

Just got off the phone to BT and was told I would automatically be upgraded to BT sports including the HD on August 1st. I was also told the Youview box should be connected to the hub with an ethernet cable. I told him I was getting speeds of 30 mbps using adapters but he said BT recommended using a cable. Covering their backs perhaps ?

0 Ratings
MartinH
Expert
Message 3 of 12

Re: How do Youview users with Infinity order BT Sport HD - Can a mod answer this

@philwar wrote:

Covering their backs perhaps ?

Yes. 

0 Ratings
SamdyGray
Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Thanks. Been trying to get this out of the @BTCare guys on Twitter all day but have just been going round in circles. Should've just picked up the phone!
0 Ratings
PTcruiser
Regular
Message 5 of 12

I rang was told the same, also they said that the rewind record function cannot be used till September.
0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 12

At least I don't have to do anything then

only interested in any motorsports, rugby, would be nice to see some american football on there as well

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 12

Yes - it's been discussed on other threads. BT are saying to use a cable (which they will install if you need it) but this would appear to be to avoid support problems if the Powerline adapters are not up to it - throughput and QoS are both issues here. You might need well in excess of the basic video bitrate to guarantee a glitch free picture.

So if you decide to use Powerline adapters you can't blame them if they don't work as they told you you needed a cabl!
0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 12

i'm fine - all my devices are hard-wired 🙂

only devices using wifi are portable devices 🙂

may use the pwrline adapters when sort out xbox for kids room, but otherwise they still sat in box

0 Ratings
SamdyGray
Contributor
Message 9 of 12

One of the guys from @BTCare called me back yesterday to clarify how it will work for those of us who already have Infinity plus a TV package.

The channels will be added automatically by software update, but the important point is that you must have at least 12 months to run on your contract.

For me, my contract ends in October, so I will need to phone & re-contract from August so that I can get the BT Sports channels for free.

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 10 of 12

Im only just over a month into a new 18 month contrect with BT for Infinity 2 and have the BT TV unlimited player on my YouView box. I may need an ethernet cable thouth as my YouView box is coneted via powerline adapters.

Also as i bought the YouView box myself will BT auto update my box so I can get the sport channels or will I have to let them know first.

Darren

0 Ratings