Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Richiesmusic
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

How do i get eurosport bt haveno idea

Hi guys, on 27th march by bt tv and bb were connected after leaving sky,

I was repeatedly assured that the entertainment pack containes eurosport 1 and 2 but to my horror i canbt find either on now or on the channel list,, i have googled the channel numbers and its showing nothing in 413 or 435 etc just says no channel, i phoned bt he had no idea and said ask the forum,,, great customer service NOT i thought sky were bad but i feel like bt have conned me into subscribing to something i dont want,, im already gutted that you cant just watch sky channels on the box and have to go into now app and cant record anything on there live or pause etc,,, my internet seems slower than sky and if we wernt in lockdown i would cancel this 2 year contract for sure

can anyone advise me what i can do like a retune etc as bt live chat isnt working and numpties on the phone dont know,, any help would be great, thanks guys

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
stereohaven
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: How do i get eurosport bt haveno idea

You need to be on the Classic Entertainment package, not one of the new "NOW TV" flexible ones. You can add some "bolt ons" to this package such as BT Sport but would only be able to view Sky content by buying NOW TV passes directly and using the app on the box. 

https://www.bt.com/packages/classic 

0 Ratings
Richiesmusic
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

they assured me that i would get it,, cheeky sods,, so as a new customer i assume im unable to get the classic entertainment?
0 Ratings
stereohaven
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 12

Yes you can, I'm just not sure if you can move to it without some sort of BT intervention as you signed up to 2 years of this by the sounds of it: https://www.bt.com/packages/entertainment 

Hopefully a mod on here can sort you out.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 12

@Richiesmusic 

As advised by @stereohaven , Eurosport is available on the classic TV package.

Have BT sent you a TV box? if so you should be able to record, the standard box seems to be the 4K T4001.

If you prefer the NowTV channels and want Eurosport, then for a small monthly fee (£6.99?) you can subscribe to it on (Amazon) Prime Video

0 Ratings
Richiesmusic
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

yes i have a small black tv box its all connected i get amc on it and the freeview stuff but no eurosport even though i was assured i would get it as that's the one channel i wanted!! I asked several times when signing up and now they don't seem to care! they are impossible to get hold of now and when i do get someone they have no answer and pass the buck to here, ive tried the classic link but it wont add to my pack, this is so frustrating, I ave the entertainment pack which is all on now which is a pain to use, i loke to have my recordings all in a folder not have to write everything on paper to remind me when stuff is on!! 

No way am i paying an extra 6.99 a month for something  was told was included, I wanted to save money that's why i left sky but sneaky bt have conned me now and i'm stuck in a 2 year contract with false promises NO WAY are they getting any more money,, i'm disgusted with them

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 12

@Richiesmusicwrote:

yes i have a small black tv box its all connected i get amc on it and the freeview stuff but no eurosport

Eurosport isn't part of any of the Flexible TV packages (https://www.bt.com/tv/packages/)

...........I ave the entertainment pack which is all on now which is a pain to use, i loke to have my recordings all in a folder not have to write everything on paper to remind me when stuff is on!! 

Not with you. You can record direct from the EPG by pressing the R button on your remote, you will then be asked to select between a single episode or a whole series. You can view the programs you have recorded from MyTV on the box

0 Ratings
Richiesmusic
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

you cant record any of the decent channels only the ones that are basically freeview
i was assured eurosport was on entertainment pack by everyone who waS INVOLVED in signing me up, yet now nobody knows a thing!! talk about sales of goods act!! what an awful con, it even said online that eurosport was on channels 314 or something but i get nothing at all, I already had netflix and amazon, the bt internet was promised to be great, its no better if not worse than sky and they told me it was the fastest package yet s soon as i sign up they are emailing telling me to upgrade for more cost,,, it's all a great con and I expected so much better, they were so good at selling it to me now they fob me off with "go on the forum" GREAT,,,,, I DONT BELIIIIEEEVE IT
0 Ratings
stereohaven
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 12

Unless one of the mods on the forum can help I suggest you click on the "Help" option at the top of the screen and "Make a complaint".

Eurosport is not in the Entertainment package which it appears you have been sold: https://www.bt.com/packages/entertainment/

It is available in Classic Entertainment: https://www.bt.com/packages/classic/

There is nothing you can do about this online yourself, it needs a manual intervention.

If you have only recently started your BT broadband then it goes through a training period and gradually increases in speed over a few weeks, be patient.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 12

@Richiesmusicwrote:
you cant record any of the decent channels only the ones that are basically freeview
No, that's not right. I also have the entertainment pack and I can record the NowTV channels in the manner I explained earlier.
i was assured eurosport was on entertainment pack by everyone who waS INVOLVED in signing me up,
There are no sport channels in the entertainment pack and, as far as I can see from the link I posted earlier, Eurosport is not included in any of the Now TV sport packs.
GREAT,,,,, I DONT BELIIIIEEEVE IT
Hey, that's my line. 😀

0 Ratings