cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

How to cancel free BT Sport, I think it’s called BT Sport light?

I believe that I have free BT Sport light, I was given it free years ago when BT Sport just started, is there a way for me to cancel it online?

EQUIPMENT: BT8500 trio phone, BT line rental, BT broadband, and Safari on an iPad Mini
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: How to cancel free BT Sport, I think it’s called BT Sport light?

You will need to ring and give 30 days notice, the number is 150 from a BT landline or 0800 800 150 from any other network, you want the Value or Loyalty team to cease with 30 days notice.

Message 3 of 5

Thanks, I have to wait to receive my password before they will do anything.  

BT deleted my email without informing me, it seems because I don’t use it, originally they wouldn’t let me use my email but now they’ve changed their minds.  Also now, again without informing me, I need a password to talk to them, they haven’t a clue about customer focus!

EQUIPMENT: BT8500 trio phone, BT line rental, BT broadband, and Safari on an iPad Mini
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@bee2teewrote:

Also now, again without informing me, I need a password to talk to them, they haven’t a clue about customer focus!

Passwords are applied for security, only if a customer wants one adding or previously asked, it's for validation purposes and not to be difficult, when an account has a password, it stops advisors accessing your account as well, they will then send your password in the post to the installation address within 5 working days.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Yes I appreciate it’s for security, and a good idea, but I pay for paper billing and I have never received any documentation about having a password and knew nothing about it.  However, several months ago I was told over the phone that although I hadn’t asked for a password, they insisted that I had been given a password, but I had not.   I was told that another would be sent, but I never received that either.  Today BT insisted that I had been sent a password and I needed it for them to do anything regarding my account, and again they said that they will send me another password.  I won’t hold my breath.

0 Ratings