cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

I re-subscribed to BT Sport and need help!

I received an email from BT Sport about the Premier League yeserday. It was about showing all the teams twice over the next ten days. I am not a BT customer but I did subscribe to BT Sport but cancelled a few months ago. I decided to follow the link and resubscribe. Unfortunately the tracking order seemed to go crazy and kept showing different order number every time I checked. 

Instead of receiving a welcome letter, I received an email to thank me for paying my bill?

I phoned BT Sport and someone managed to stop the error repeating. I still cannot access BT Sport. I have been on the line for up to 40 minutes to get through to someone. I have spent several hours on Chat line too.

This morning i received a welcome email with my details but I get an error code ZJ931 when I log on.

I then received an email to say my subscription had been cancelled.

The Value Team said an online purchase needs to be resolved through Chat online.

By this time I was exhausted and decided that I wanted a refund.

Chat online said I need to create a Direct Debit to get a refund.

I logged into the web address they gave me and noticed that instead of my name it had a word and a date? Very odd.

So I have a direct debit with an incorrect detail?

How can I fix this mess. 

As well as typing this. I am on hold again to BT

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: I re-subscribed to BT Sport and need help!

Got through to Meghan on BT and she confirmed the account was inactive. Said that I had subscribed to view on a phone or tablet, not view through a TV. Said BT has not taken a payment and that if my payment is sitting in pending my bank would take my payment back after 24/48 hours. I don't know what screen Chat online are looking at, but I hope Meghan is correct with the information she gave me.  

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Unfortunately my bank account does show a £25 debit being made today.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

ZJ931 is a BT TV error @Thms09 - the BT Sport Monthly Pass can only be used in the BT Sport app.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Thank you so much for your reply. I have a Fire TV stick with the app and also a Samsung TV with the app.

The small print caught me out.  I did not notice it was for phone or tablet app.

However my emails, I received ten in a row in the middle of the night, all said a direct debit had been set up.

Meghan said a purchase to view on a phone or tablet would I not renew automatically. I would renew it myself. It is not what I thought I was subscribing too as I want to view on the BT app on my TV.

The Chat online team advised me to go online and to set up a direct debit so they can give me a refund.

I have just got through again to BT. I think that I have made six calls and transferred twice.

The average wait to get through was 40-50 minutes. I am exhausted trying to resolve it.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

You say "the app", but we have 2 apps - one for BT TV, and one for BT Sport.
You say you've been charged £25 - this is the price of a BT Sport Monthly Pass, so it'll only be the BT Sport app you can use.
The BT Sport app is available on all the same devices as BT TV, plus a whole load more.

It sounds like you're getting the runaround though, and I can only apologise for the confusion.  A monthly pass will automatically renew if not ceased.  It sounds like you may have set up a new monthly pass though, rather than resuming your old one.  Hopefully the helpdesk will resolve this for you, but if they don't manage to then send me a DM with any details you have and I'll see what I can do.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Thank you once again for your response.

The last time I got through to an agent, my call ended around 1:15pm. I was told a manager would try resolve the issue. They said I would receive a call back at 4:30pm. I am still waiting on their call.

0 Ratings